New Puppet: Plucky Red

larz

Reaction score
I just finished a puppet as a donation to TAO (Tidewater Arts outreach) Instruments of Art project. The 2nd Season entries aren't up yet, but I thought I'd share mine with you all.

Each piece had to revolve around a musical instrument. They will be auctioned off to benefit TOA Singer/Songwriter festival. If anyone is interested, I'll keep you posted on when/how to bid.

Here's mine, let me know what you think! He's based on Project Puppets Rotundo pattern (Forma series). I made his right arm pivot at the elbow so strumming is smooth and easy. That's a real Ukelele my son gave to me...

Knucklehead

Reaction score
One thought.....

That's not to bad for AMAZING!
There is so much character in there and that is so great to see!

Also what a great photo shoot you did, nice, simple and clean!

little kid shoes always crack me up!

I would love to see a little action on him.

larz

Reaction score
Okay KNucklehead, here's a quick video. Just ignore the goofy operator...

Plucky Red Video Test

You may need to hit PAUSE, then PLAY to get the movie to work...

Hey, can you guys (and gals) help me out with a suggestion for an opening bid price for this puppet? The folks I am donating too have no clue what price to ask. He's well made, Antron fleece, nice mouth grips, etc. ANy help would be appreciated.

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Yeah, that can be tricky. I've donated a couple of puppets to charity auctions. The trouble is that most people have no idea what the price and or value of such a puppet is. I would give them a stated value of at least $300 and suggest a starting bid of no less than $50.

Knucklehead

Reaction score
Hey Wait A Minute?

HEY WAIT A MINUTE! I don't even like delicious and that's what that is!....
Delicious for the soul and inspiration my tummy needs..

O Please O please keep them coming ... and thanks for feeding my tummy!

-Knucklehead

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
Okay KNucklehead, here's a quick video. Just ignore the goofy operator...

Plucky Red Video Test

You may need to hit PAUSE, then PLAY to get the movie to work...

Hey, can you guys (and gals) help me out with a suggestion for an opening bid price for this puppet? The folks I am donating too have no clue what price to ask. He's well made, Antron fleece, nice mouth grips, etc. ANy help would be appreciated.

Are you including the ukulele too?

larz

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, the ukelele is included.

Knowing the diverse crowd that will be there, I think the starting bid will be $300 and the "buy it now" will be in the $450 range. Not up to me, but I suggested $300 to start.

Last year I entered a painted guitar and it sold for $275 so I think this will work. I already know some folks that are interested...