1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Puppet Show: "Mr. Meaty"

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by OverUnderAround, Aug 12, 2006.

1. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

They occasionally show shorts on nicktoons. Personaly, I think it looks horrible and not worth watching. But thats just me
  3. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

The puppets look unique. Like a cartoon come to life....but the lips on the skinny one are a little weird.
  4. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Member

Nick arired a spaecial of this a while back, I though it was a one time thing. I guess I was wrong! I did find it funny, and gross. But, I loved Ren & Stimpy, so funny and gross is my favorite kind of funny!
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
  6. NeopetsVMKKelly

NeopetsVMKKelly New Member

i've seen a few commercials. I think its looks pretty good, but my mom thinks it looks terrible.
  7. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

My sister insisted on showing me all of the clips on that site. I found it pretty interesting. Not something I would start watching TV again to watch, but it's cool that they're recognizing puppetry as a valid form of entertainment for all ages. Those teenage girls made me chuckle, though. I don't think my sister realized she was being satirized there.

And yes, I actually do know what you are talking about. But KaBlam was one of my favorite shows when it aired, so eh. I know lots of pointless Nick trivia from when they actually showed stuff I was interested in watching.

I'm mostly interesting in finding out whether anyone who works on this show has Henson connections.
  8. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

Oh wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually remember Nanalan (my little sister used to watch it). Thanks for the info, I was just curious.
  9. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Ive downloaded the podcasts...personally...i dont like it....
  10. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Apple.com is allowing folks to see the first episode for free.
    If anyone has a high speed connection and has the iTunes software installed, they can watch the first episode (free of charge) on their computer at:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?id=189366621&s=143441

Note the link above will open in the iTunes software. You don't need an iPod to view it. It plays within the iTunes program.
  11. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I believe Nick is planning to podcast a bunch of the episodes, maybe even the whole season eventually. It's part of their effort to get in to online video in a big way.
  12. RubbeRoomStudio

RubbeRoomStudio New Member

i give everything a chance... this is just someone's creativity; their art... i'll know come Friday if i like it -or- hate it... But, i have to tell ya, i think passing gas is rather funny... Again, that is my opinion, someone else may disagree...
    Every now and then Nickelodeon puts something on like this... i remember "You Can't Do That ON Television" That was pretty "out there" too...
  13. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch that show!
  14. Blink

Blink Member

I had a chance to visit the set this past summer. The show looks great. It is not for eveyone, but I am a fan already and I will be watching it for sure. I would like to post about it in my blog, but I am not sure if I am allowed to. But needless to say the detail of the sets and puppets was out of this world!
  15. Blink

Blink Member

HI all,

I just did a write up about my visit to the set this past summer. Anyone who is interested can read about it here: Mr. Meaty Write Up
  16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I've caught bits and pieces of this show and finally got a chance to watch it in it's entirety. What an amazing show! The look is so refreshing and it seems like the Nick shows I grew up with like Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life, nothing overly inappropriate, but just enough to make parents a bit put off. The show itself isn't always super funny, but the look makes it so fun to watch.
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I've watched pretty much every episode and can't wait for this newest one on Saturday. They moved the news episode on saturday now. The newset one looks to be something about them fighting zombies. My favoirte character so far is...well acutlly there are two. The Security guy Bob and Parker are my two. I just love Bob. Oh how he acts and everything. Its just funny and same with Parker.