New Puppetry book

Whatever

Reaction score
I was at Borders to buy Harry Potter and the Half-Blooded Prince (which is awesome!) and I saw a really neat book about puppetry. It is Puppetry: A World History by Eileen Blumenthal. It is a really nice, thick book with lots of pictures. It is also expensive: it cost $68. It mentions Jim Henson and the Muppets in many places and several pictures, but only briefly.

It thanked Cheryl Henson for "moral and more substantial support" (or something like that) so I think she had a part in it. The author also mentioned she had a lot of access to the Henson archives, and thanked someone else for that.

This looked like a great source of information and I thought that both Kevins and Andrew (Buck-Beaver) would be particularly interested in it. It was in the "Drama" section, if anyone wants to look for it at Borders.

doctort13

Reaction score
Cool

I work for Half Price Books and will just wait until a customer sells it to us, or it shows up one day from the warehouse.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I used to work at Borders (four years) it's a cool place to work. Anyway I still have some of my best friends there and one of them picked it up for me (employee discount baby!) and it's AWESOME.
Another must for any puppetry and Muppet fan's collection! :smile:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Thanks Beth, I'll have to try and scrounge up some dough for this definitely.