New Sesame Documentary coming to DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There will be a new Sesame Street documentary coming to DVD on November 16. It is titled Sesame Street: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Popular Television Series.

Here's a preview on YouTube:

I'm guessing it's being released by an independent company. I was looking at the cover on Muppet Wiki, and it's interesting that the cover image is of the Furry Arms Hotel, as opposed to something more current or even a photo from the early 1970s.

Sadly, this documentary will only be 26 minutes long. There's so much to talk about regarding the show that I would think it'd be at least an hour. But maybe it'll still be good. Or maybe the run time is incorrect (some of the Warner Home Video releases were intitially announced as being shorter than they ended up, though this release isn't from Warner).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This probably isn't new, it's gotta be from at least 1993.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just saw some info added to the wiki page saying that it was actually produced in 1994 as an episode of a United Kingdom series called Opening Shot. I'm pretty sure the wiki didn't have info on this until now.

So it's amazing that we're getting a DVD release of an existing production that I'm sure many of us haven't even heard of until the DVD announcement.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I actually had this recorded off of TV when it first aired. The tape's gone now, but I'm glad that it's finally getting a DVD release.