1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Sesame Street 3-D Film

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Thog, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Thog

Thog New Member

New Sesame Street 3-D Film for Universal Studios Japan

The Orlando Sentinel announces that Sesame Street characters such as Big Bird and the Cookie Monster are starring in a 3-D
    film being made for a coming attraction at Universal Studios Japan. "We're making a great movie here," said Kevin Clash,
    who provides the popular red Elmo's high-pitched voice. Clash admits to a certain bias--having played Elmo for 16 years.
    Although the 20-minute film isn't a likely Academy Award nominee, Universal officials have been keeping its plot and the
    name of the new Japanese attraction under wraps during production during the past two weeks. That's because no
    announcement of the new attraction has been made in Japan, and marketing officials want to preserve the surprise.
    Production on the $7 to $10 million project wraps up today.
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

****! Now I gotta go to Japan! Isn't it enough that I'm having their toys and CDs imported?
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Glad to see this is officially announced. It's been in the works for quite awhile. The unfortunate thing is that due to some licensing issues, the film currently is not planned for the US, only Japan.
  4. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

:( ahh poopie
  5. Thog

Thog New Member

Sesame Street products are HUGE in Japan. I have some friends from college that live there and they had anything Sesame Street that you could dream of.

Dan
  6. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Let me guess those legal issues are Seasame Place (owned by Bud-Wisier) who owns the rights to characters for theme parks in America and Universal Studios.
  7. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

AIGH!!!!!

I'd love to see this. Of course, I haven't even made it across my OWN country to see Muppet-Vision 4D yet, sooooo....

Can't wait to find out what the storyline is.

I think I'm turning Japanese.

Quinnnnnnn
  8. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Woah! Now *that* would be COOL! :cool:
  9. DrGoshposh

DrGoshposh New Member

Does anyone know anything about the Japanese "Sesame Street" television show? I heard that the show is not a locally produced Japanese version (like Plaza Sesamo, or any of the international versions of the show). It is all the American Sesame Street, and that it airs in English, but the Muppets are dubbed by other voice actors. It sounds odd to me, but can anyone confirm or deny this?

Just wondering,

Scott
  10. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Isn't that what the new one is called in California? Muppet Vision 4D?
  11. Joseph

Joseph New Member

12. Jackie

Jackie New Member

I guess not, LOL
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Sesame Street products are HUGE in Japan. I have some friends from college that live there and they had anything Sesame Street that you could dream of<<<

awwww! you should have em send ya extras of the rare stuff for possible trades on here. Ok...JAPAN: the land where sesame street adult fans actually have a colelctors market...where you can air super cool ultra violent cartoons on tv...and where anime and video games rule like nobodies business.

Anyways, good to see an official announcement of the sesame 3d ride...20 minutes huh? looks like theyre hard at work on 3 new projects!(muppet xmas nbc, fox show, and this!)

Yeah, Japan has all sorts of kick butt motion rides, from biohazard4d(ie: resident evil) and gundam...to well this!
  14. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

there is also a godzilla ride at a hello kitty theme park
  15. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Goshposh,

Hey,
    In Japan they have Open Sesame its a show that teaches Japanese Children English and Japanese, They have there own English Talking Muppet Tiger called Tingo.

It has segments from Sesame Street mixed in with lots of Live action stuff from the Japanese show.

See ya
  16. sstVideo

sstVideo New Member

Actually, the Tingo character was developed by the NYC Henson Workshop for Sesame Workshop's EFL (English as a foreign language) program called, "Sesame English".

Because so many adults as well as children, particularly in the far east, were using Sesame Street to learn English as a second language, CTW developed (in partnership with Berlitz) a program which teaches English. The program includes class ic Sesame bits as well as new material. (It doesn't have Elmo--no pronouns and it doesn't have Cookie (who says me instead of I).

The fact that so many adults use Sesame to learn english means that Sesame adult products sell as well or better over there as the kid products do here.
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Man, no wonder Sesame has a serious adult fan base, with collectibles to boot! Mention Sesame stateside, and youll get a funny face. But then again, thats just the way its marketed. I mean there aiming for the kid market...but with Sesame...oh man...in the 80's they had some neat collectibles Sesame wise in the US..but in recent years 100% baby/toddler 'Sesame Baby'(like Muppet Babies?) stuff from FP. gah!
  18. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

I never caught a full episode while I was in Japan, but I think it is local show mixed with US-produced segments and the show is designed to teach english.

Japan has all kinds of trippy kid's shows! When I go back next year I am hoping to finally tape a few and now I'll have to check out that cool Sesame 3-D movie.
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

awww!!! You get to go to Japan! I knew as a huge longtime anime and videogame fan Japan was the place to go, but now it seems even the Muppets are big there. And yeah, they have all those awesome 3d motion rides...*sigh* So, how are you able to go? Anybody else been there? Its been my dream to go to Tokyo since the 80's!
  20. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

Or you could just relax with a cartoon about a pathetic coyote who spends every waking moment in pursuit of a sadistic roadrunner who mocks him and laughs at him as he's repeatedly crushed and maimed. I hope you enjoy it :mad: :(

Cherry "has trouble finding other fans of that movie" Pizza