New Sesame Street 3-D Film

Thog

Reaction score
New Sesame Street 3-D Film for Universal Studios Japan

The Orlando Sentinel announces that Sesame Street characters such as Big Bird and the Cookie Monster are starring in a 3-D
film being made for a coming attraction at Universal Studios Japan. "We're making a great movie here," said Kevin Clash,
who provides the popular red Elmo's high-pitched voice. Clash admits to a certain bias--having played Elmo for 16 years.
Although the 20-minute film isn't a likely Academy Award nominee, Universal officials have been keeping its plot and the
name of the new Japanese attraction under wraps during production during the past two weeks. That's because no
announcement of the new attraction has been made in Japan, and marketing officials want to preserve the surprise.
Production on the $7 to $10 million project wraps up today.

scarecroe

Reaction score
****! Now I gotta go to Japan! Isn't it enough that I'm having their toys and CDs imported?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see this is officially announced. It's been in the works for quite awhile. The unfortunate thing is that due to some licensing issues, the film currently is not planned for the US, only Japan.

Thog

Reaction score
Sesame Street products are HUGE in Japan. I have some friends from college that live there and they had anything Sesame Street that you could dream of.

Dan

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Let me guess those legal issues are Seasame Place (owned by Bud-Wisier) who owns the rights to characters for theme parks in America and Universal Studios.

Gonzo

Reaction score
AIGH!!!!!

I'd love to see this. Of course, I haven't even made it across my OWN country to see Muppet-Vision 4D yet, sooooo....

Can't wait to find out what the storyline is.

I think I'm turning Japanese.

Quinnnnnnn

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Japanese "Sesame Street" television show? I heard that the show is not a locally produced Japanese version (like Plaza Sesamo, or any of the international versions of the show). It is all the American Sesame Street, and that it airs in English, but the Muppets are dubbed by other voice actors. It sounds odd to me, but can anyone confirm or deny this?

Just wondering,

Scott

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Woah! Now *that* would be COOL! :cool:
Isn't that what the new one is called in California? Muppet Vision 4D?