1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

New Sesame Street Documentary based on "Street Gang" in Production

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Pig's Laundry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

Just supported at the $150 premiere reward level! What an amazing opportunity! I wonder if it will go back up or if it's staying at $150.

2. capman

capman Active Member

Congrats, andywan. Hope to meet you there ( whenever this is and if in NYC!)

AndyWan Kenobi likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Maria!

[​IMG]

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. zns

zns Well-Known Member

The campaign just ended recently and they reached their goal. I can't wait to see the first official trailer for this movie. I donated $60 so I'm super excited to get my green Grover. :super:

MikaelaMuppet and MelissaY1 like this.
  5. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there's been any new updates yet? Just though I'd ask. Thanks

6. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Every chance I get, I look on both of the websites, and oddly enough there haven't been any in quite awhile. Indiegogo has made it well past their $100,000 goal and according to the 2018 page on Muppet Wiki, the documentary is set to be released this year.

All in all, you're right- it's rather strange that we haven't gotten any kind of updates lately.

zns likes this.
  7. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Yeah it is kind of strange that something hasn't been said since last year. I'm wondering if the producers have been preoccupied with certain things in the film or if something else is going on. I actually posted on their Facebook page a few days ago asking what's up but have not heard back anything yet. I wonder if we can email them?

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The Wiki will have to be changed to sound more neutral; it must have come from one of their sites originally.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding out on releasing it until next year to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

EDIT: Their preview image on their official site says "Coming 2019," so let's assume it'll be then.

sesamemuppetfan and zns like this.
  9. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the place with the most updates would be their Facebook page, so you can check that every once in a while.

10. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Good news. I just got a message from the producers this morning. Here's what they said:

"Thanks for checking in! We are going to put out a huge announcement in the next few weeks. Everything is going great!"

Looks like we'll have new updates soon. Maybe even a trailer.:super:

11. Pig's Laundry

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooohhhh!!!! :search:

12. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

EXCITEMENT!!!

13. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I can’t wait to see what they pull off for the documentary

14. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Makes sense.

Yippee Skippy!!!! :)

15. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  16. Pig's Laundry

YES! Can't wait.
    I wonder how long the doc is going to be, because the book covered a lot. Will it be one movie length documentary about the conception of the show? Will it focus more on the early years of the show and be multiple parts? Will it's timeline go as far ahead as the book did, going all the way to the 90s?

17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The thing I'm most interested in seeing is the reconstructed Season 1 set of the straight street.

18. Oscarfan

I can't see them going much further beyond the stoop they made, but I'm intrigued as to where this is going.

19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought they were going to build a full replica of the Season 1 street.

20. Oscarfan

I mean, they were very vague in how they described it. But, the were only raising $100,000 for the entire shebang and I don't know how much they could spend on set building.