New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
:frown::grouchy::insatiable::batty::laugh:Really excited! Maybe a couple behind the scenes footage and interviews? Not just with the humans!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though I usually prefer hardback books, I have to admit, the paperback edition of STREET GANG had a much nicer-looking cover.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's the first major article about the movie. It includes a video of the executive producer on the set of Sesame Street, with very brief clips of vintage never before seen behind the scenes footage :
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/18/street-gang-documentary-sesame-street
They're starting an "Indiegogo" campaign to get the project off the ground.

But here's what really caught my eye: If they reach their goal, they plan to build a replica of the original Sesame Street set! Now, just imagine getting to see a real life version of the season 1 set in person, maybe at a museum. This needs to happen.

zns

Reaction score
This is wonderful news. Just looking at that campaign video makes me even more excited. I placed my contribution to "I Am Big Bird : the Caroll Spinney Story" and I intend to support this film all the way. Wonderful news. Can't wait to see more. :insatiable::wisdom::stick_out_tongue::frown::grouchy::super::batty::search:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact that they're going through the effort of actually replicating the Season 1 set is quite remarkable, and I'm most interested in seeing how that will look when it's completed!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I honestly want to see the Green Grover figurine is it just a PVC or an actual action figure.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd rather they show the actual clips than do new animations based on the old ones (could this be to make them better for a widescreen film?).

I wonder if they'll interview Kevin Clash, or even talk about his departure (the book barely talked about any recasts, and didn't really talk much about the show after season 30, only briefly mentioning Abby Cadabby and the upcoming 40th anniversary). I doubt they'd go into major details.

It would be great if the film had focus on Richard Hunt, like the book does. Also Jerry Nelson, considering his recent passing. Of course a book can include more than a documentary can (I hope the pre-history doesn't dominate the documentary like it did in the book).

I honestly want to see the Green Grover figurine is it just a PVC or an actual action figure.
I wonder if it'll be newly-sculpted or just a repaint of an existing toy.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You know what I would like even better then a documentary?: A mini series - there's just so much to cover about Sesame Street's history, it would probably be better if it was maybe a two or three part mini series. That way they could cover more of what was in the book.