New Simple Series Pattern at Project Puppet

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hi all! We've just released a new Simple Series puppet pattern at Project Puppet. We call it the "Roly". The Roly Pattern, like the Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern, is a back-to-basics pattern, only this time focusing on a round head shape as the fundamental base of the potential characters.

This little guy goes together really quick, is very versatile (when it comes to the scope of characters that can be created), and really is a lot of fun building and playing with. The Roly includes an optional pattern for a foam skull to give the puppet's head a nice smooth shape.

Check it out here .

Or see an example in the gallery. We kept the example character very simple, so you can see the shape of the puppet.

Hope you like it and can put it to good use!

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
as soon as i get the ok from my wife... i'm gonna pick up on this... awesome work

mrhogg

Reaction score
Hey bezalel,

That's a neat pattern. Great work, you're really getting an excellent catalogue of products!

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Awesome pattern! I may look into getting it if any of my designs calls for this puppet shape.

TherianPrime

Reaction score
What're you doing to me!?!?!

I'm already obsessed enough with your patterns. Now I HAVE to get this one too!

PuppetMom

Reaction score
Bezalel...you are a genius!! It's one thing to make a puppet of your own, but something completely different to make a pattern for those of us who are "pattern-challenged" to follow. I've gotten the GSP pattern & LOVE it!! I am saving up for the Forma Trio, but it looks like now I have another purchase to make soon!!

renegade

Reaction score
O BABY I've been looking so foward to another one of your patterns!! I just picked it up THANKS SO MUCH !!!!!!
and Please keep them coming !

BorkBork

Reaction score
I love these great simple patterns :wink: they make great puppets

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments! Things are busy at Project Puppet right now (with custom puppet work). Once that's completed, we plan on really focusing on more patterns and blog tutorials.

Some things that we've been considering are - a free nose pattern (foam-based for the Forma patterns), a tutorial on how to add removable arm rods to the Simple Series patterns, more information on the key to great puppets - successful character creation. There's also a few things that readers of the Project Puppet blog have suggested such as - sharing tips on buying and using an airbrush for adding detail to your characters, and tips on creating female puppet characters.

There are two more Simple Series patterns in development, which will hopefully be released before December.

Please, if you have any suggestions for tutorials ,new patterns, or how we can improve, tell us! Contact us through the contact page on Project Puppet.

Thanks again for all the encouragement! Be sure to post pictures here or send pictures into the Project Puppet gallery of your new puppet characters based on the Roly pattern! It's always amazing to see how many great and diverse characters are possible with a simple puppet pattern and a lot of imagination.