1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Spider-Man Animated Series in the Works

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cantus Rock, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

NewSpider-Man Animated Series in the Works

To anyone who might be interested:

I was looking over my latest AWN Newsletter, and I see this:

Mainframe Animates New Spider-Man TV Series

Being an Animation fanatic, I hopped over to the AWN Hub to get the whole deal. Here it is for you lazy people who just hate clicking links ;) :

Mainframe Animates New Spider-Man TV Series

August 08, 2002

Vancouver, Canada-based Mainframe Entertainment, Inc. will provide the CGI animation production for Columbia TriStar Domestic Television (CTDT) Family Entertainment's new animated series, SPIDER-MAN, slated to premiere on MTV in winter 2002. According to Mainframe, this new incarnation of the Spider-Man series, featuring Peter Parker as a college student trying to juggle school, work, relationships and being a super hero, will feature CG animation processed to have a classic animation look, combining bright, abstract colors and including a realistic neon lit city. Mainframe has previously provided CG animation on the CTDT series HEAVY GEAR and MAX STEEL. Neil Patrick Harris (STARSHIP TROOPERS, DOOGIE HOWSER, M.D.) will voice Peter Parker/Spider-Man, with singer Lisa Loeb as Mary Jane Watson and BEVERLY HILLS 90210 alum Ian Ziering as Peter's pal Harry Osborn.

I hate Max Steele, but maybe this will be better. Wait and see I guess. Hope this is of interest to someone! :)

-Matt
  2. UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly Member

Mainframe are also the people behind the great series "Reboot" and "Beast Wars: Transformers" (Beasties in canada). A good studio who do a really great job with CGI.
  3. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yeah, Mainframe is cool. From what I saw of Reboot I thought it was very good. I thought Max Steel was a disappointment, and I don't know how good a CGI Spider-Man series would be. But, since is claims there will be an integration of both conventional animation and Comp. Animation, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. In any case, Spider-Man still rocks! :)

-Matt
  4. grail

grail New Member

i've seen a couple of the shots they've released, and i have to say...i'm not sure what to think. it looks promising, but the pics are small enough that it's hard to tell what i'm really seeing. from what i understand, though, it is CG but in 2 dimensions. like they did regular animation, but with a computer. the voice of Peter Parker is Neil Patrick Harris (yes, Doogie), Mary Jane is Lisa Loeb, and i THINK Ian Ziering is Harry Osborn. i'll try and find the screenshot i saw and put up a link, but it's gonna take some searching through the archives at Comics Continuum, so give me a day.
  5. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I'm....skeptical. But hopeful. The previous Spidey series' combinations of traditional and computer animation have been abyssmal--but after the recent movie, and with the new studio, it sounds like they may be throwing more money at the project.

I'm half-embarrassed to say that my favorite Spidey show is STILL "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends;" maybe I just need to get out of the 80's.

Quinnnnn
  6. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

grail, can you link the page with the screen shots?

I always try to stay hopeful. I mean, the new Justice League on CTN isn't that bad in my opinion. I watched an episode yesterday I thought was pretty cool. The only problem there (to me) is the fact they build an episode reeeeally slow, and right when there is going to be some action, you get a TBC.. then the next episode is like 5 minutes of action, and a 20 minute "cool down" (hehe) But, that is off the subject.

Gonzo, my fav. Spidey was the original from the 60s. I think people need to stop living in today and get back into the past!

Oh, btw, did Mainframe do the CG parts of "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest"? I loved the original, but sadly the only good part about the Real Adventrues was the theme music. :)

-Matt
  7. grail

grail New Member

first off...Spiderman and his Amazing Friends was the best cartoon ever! er...sorry, i stumbled on it yesterday on the family channel (or whatever it's called now). made my little brother watch it with me...it was cool.

yeah, i'll put a link up, but i have to find it first. i'm at work now, with nothing to do, so i'm about to start searching through their archives for the pics. when i find them, i'll post the link.

oh, and i think they DID do the JQ CG stuff, but i didn't like the theme music. as a trombone player, i like the ORIGINAL version of the theme better. with 8 trombones playing as loud as possible! you want some fun, do that live at a jazz concert...the audience goes nuts.
  8. grail

grail New Member

okay, here's what i've found so far:

http://news.toonzone.net/spidey/spidey3d-1.jpg
    http://news.toonzone.net/spidey/spidey3d-2.jpg
    http://news.toonzone.net/spidey/spidey3d-3.jpg
    http://news.toonzone.net/spidey/spidey3d-4.jpg

and here's an animated sequence (in quicktime):

http://news.toonzone.net/spidey/spiderman-preview.mov

these are from awhile ago, so i doubt they'll be what the show ACTUALLY looks like, but it kinda shows what they're looking for.

man, i forgot how much easier it is to dig through toonzone than comics continuum. even if Rob is a cool guy, he really needs a "search" function...
  9. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yeah, I also prefer the original. But I like them both. I'm the bass player, so I can conform to just about any type of music. And I do just that. Anyway, off subject yet again.

We will await the screen shots of mighty grail!

-Matt
  10. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Heh, it seems I'm late on my reply. Awesome, thanks for the post. Also grail check out

www.awn.com

probably the most professional animation website on the planet. Join the mailing list, stay updated. :)

-Matt
  11. grail

grail New Member

i think we were posting at the same time...

i just signed up for that mailing list...and am about to go waste countless brain cells dredging every bit of info i can from that site...which makes me VERY happy! thanks!

a bass player eh? maybe we need to just gather as many of us in here that play instruments as we can, write some full-pit arrangements of some Muppet music, and start playing at MuppetFest...maybe with tips it'd pay for a hotel room or two. bet we could do a really rockin' cover of TMS theme.

BTW, you can have screenshots of Spiderman, but not "the almighty grail". last thing we need is for people to click on a picture of my mug...
  12. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yeah, AWN is an amazingly awesome site. Hopefully when I'm ready to seriously get into directing they can help me get the comnnections I need.

Dude, that would be totally awesome. Do you know anywhere that has bass tabs? I haven't player in such a long time, but I'd love to retune ol' Bobbie and get some of the Muppet Tunes a playin' :)

Hehe, in my effort to type fast and get to the other threads I must attend to, I made that typo. It should be "Oh amazing grail" rather than "Of amazing grail". I wouldn't want my pic looming here, it could stain my already questionable reputation (hehe) :)

-Matt
  13. grail

grail New Member

man, do i hear that...not to mention that i got my first piece of toy-critic hate-mail recently (i printed it out and framed it) for that He-Man piece i did. don't wanna take any chances that that guy finds out what i look like.

hmm...now i'm gonna have to get out "ye olde fakebook" and try and work some things out...i really would kick much butt if we could have, for lack of a better name, the Muppet Central Meyham at MuppetFest...
  14. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Well...for lack of anything better to do (and because I'm still unbending myself from the unkind things said about my opinions in the Goths post), here are a few names for the band (eve if it doesn't come to be, don't ya just have fun picking names? :)):

The MuppetCentral Mayhem
    The MuppetCentral Minstrels
    The Minstrels (so dear to my heart :D)
    The Pipebangers (Kind of episode-specific and implys there to be drums, but still a cool name) (I think there's a local band around here with that name. I thought that was neat.)
    The (not so) All-Star Muppet Players
    Sounds of Faffner Hall (in referance to the short-lived show Ghost of Faffner Hall which taught us to be interested and love all different types of music)
    Little Muppet Muscians (From Little Muppet Monsters)
    The Human Musicians of Muppetfest (From Muppet Muscians of Bremen)

Aw, how fun it would be. :)

-Matt
  15. grail

grail New Member

those are pretty good! (and yeah, he was kinda harsh, but it sounds like he's had a rough weekend...i wouldn't take it personally) i just started a thread about musicians, so maybe we'll get a bite or two. then we can draft them into our band of Muppety goodness.

ooooooo...Muppety Goodness...that's a pretty good name too...
  16. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Oooh, I like that one! :)

Yeah, well its really not right for him to take it out on me. I'm going to ask Phillip to close that thread, its now becoming more than a discussion, and instead of me offending others (which I was worried about), I seem to be the offended one. Oh well, newbie stupidity. I'll just stay clear of that guy at Muppetfest :)

Anyway, I'll look for some bass tabs. I think I have the Muppet Show Theme down, its pretty easy on bass. I'll work on other stuff, and we can be the next...people to..play Muppet Music! WooHoo!! :D

-Matt
  17. grail

grail New Member

you're right, it's not...but speaking as someone who is only a few days ahead of him in the same position, and having done the exact same thing he did to a bunch of other people (i apologized), i can see where he's coming from. he seems to be a cool enough guy usually though...i wouldn't call it newbie stupudity, though...it could have been Luke and he probably would have said the same thing. please don't take it personally.

and now i'm gonna leave that alone because you're right, there's not much else to say...it'll be at the bottom of the forum by tomorrow...no worries...

anyway, on to the fun part!

i always wished i could play guitar, you're a lucky man. how cool would it be if we could pull that off? i know "Gymkatarules" is a musician, maybe we can talk him into helping out...maybe play some lead? yeah, it's all pretty much pipe dream, especially if they set it for early March, which cuts down time. but if we push really hard, maybe we could pul it off...i also think it'd be fun to try and get some of the MC people that can do Muppet voices to do something. how cool would it be to be able to do something like Manah Manah? or Rainbow Connection?

man, i'm getting all...MUSICAL now...
  18. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

I'm going to leave it alone, but by the way, I meant stupidity on my part, me being the newbie. I have nothing against him, and I hope that we can just go on being civil. Deep down, were all just Muppet lovers. :)

Now as you said, On to the Fun Stuff!

Oh, that would be my shining moment. Me, the bass, a bunch of my new friends, and the music that warms the heart and soul (no Campbells referance intended :)). If we want it, it CAN happen. We need to make it happen. I'm sure Phillip will let us play at the MuppetCentral pre-Fest party at the very least! You have more ties here then me obviously, talk to the men! Let us ready the fleet and charge forth into the glory that is

Preforming At Muppetfest 2003!

I believe it can be done. And grail, you rock hard. I really didn't think I would be taken to here (I'm not really taken well anywhere for some reason), so thanks for making me feel welcome :D

-Matt
  19. grail

grail New Member

honestly, i don't know many more people than you might...i just talk...incessantly...

the group seems to be awesome here though...once you get past the rough edges. the less time you spend on the action figure threads the more they seem to like you.

okay, we're officially Jake and Elwood...and we're "putting the band back together" anyone who reads this, plans on going to MuppetFest, and can play an instrument or sing like a Muppet let us know. if we can get enough interest within the next couple of weeks, i'll put some real effort into getting some music together. it's never easy to put a band together of people that aren't even in the same state...but i've got an idea or two that might help.
  20. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Hehehe, I like that. I'm Jake! :)

YOU SOLD THE CAR FOR THIS?!?!

lol, one of my fav. movies. Anyway, I'm going to search around for some tabs online for myself. I'll look up music for other instraments as needed.

grail, what's your email address? I'm sure we'll need to contact eachother off-board sometime or another :D

-Matt