New UK 2012 Labyrinth Stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Lots of stock images there, sigh. I guess they couldn't use the lovely new art from the Talenthouse contest. Here are some bits I like, such as "Learn to Love a Wimp" and "Quiet please I'm trying to be miserable." What caught my eyes was the Fraggle books. No info on them, not even titles or cover images, and they're print-on-demand. Will these be new books, or rehashes of old ones, I wonder?

And what is this "Fraggle Rock: Raiden Remix"? I found it on Amazon, and the sample was loud and thumpy and I didn't hear any hint of the FR theme in there.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the same images we already saw anywhere else.
I mean I can get my own towels or t-shirts printed on any online print shop.
I was hoping to see new books or toys/figures...

Scooterforever

Reaction score
This is so awesome! I've been dreaming about affordable official Labyrinth merch for years now! It's soooooo cool that I don't have to settle for the cheap, unofficial stuff I can find on Cafepress and other sites all over the web. For a second I was afraid you were bringing my hopes up only to beat them to a bloody, unrecognizable pulp.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Seriously, who the **** has the license for Labyrinth merchandise right now, and why haven't they made more? I'd gladly pay $80-100 for an officially licensed statue or figurine of Sir Didymus sitting atop Ambrosius. Get on the ball, people:mad::shifty::boo::grr::frown::grouchy::sigh: .

Laszlo

Reaction score
You said it: Figures/Statues please!

Rachael

Reaction score
Yeah, same old same old. I wish someone - anyone -would make some decent Labyrinth figurines or statuettes. All of the ones of Jareth have been lacklustre, and I can't think of a single piece of merchandise which features Sarah's likeness (beyond the usual suspect, i.e. kiddy activity books from 1986).

Laszlo

Reaction score
Sarahs likeness was also in the Storybook and photo album of course. Plus the crappy comics.

Rachael

Reaction score
Yes, I've actually compiled all of the illustrations of Sarah below. The only version that looks remotely like Jennifer Connelly is from the Storybook (the one right at the bottom)-

Most of the illustrations in the activity/sticker books seem to draw directly from the Marvels comics. This is probably the most telling panel (mainly because it depicts something that never happened in the film) -

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I'd be up for making a petition to have more Labyrinth merchandise produced and sending it to the Henson company. Don't know if it would work, but you never know.