1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Video: Muppets' American Woman

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by antsamthompson9, May 27, 2010.

1. antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The highly anticipated American Woman video is here! . Hope you all enjoy it!
  2. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

A-freakin'-mazing. Sam and Kermit are both spot-on awesome. LOVE the new Sam puppet and just Sam in general. Fantastic, brilliant, absolutely wonderful! Go, Muppets, go! There's no stopping you now!
  3. Super Scooter New Member

Hehe! Loved Kermit's comment to Sam. Very Muppet Show-esque.

I think Eric has slipped in and out of a good Sam in the past, but this was pefect. Great job!
  4. ploobis Well-Known Member

The Muppets have done it again!

GREAT VIDEO! Sam Eagle was awesome! :attitude:
  5. Mupp Member

Funny stuff.

Typical Sam. :attitude:
  6. Luke Active Member

Classic stuff! Haha ... Karaoke a typical American past time. Funny. It's kinda cool when you see the Muppets out there, doin stuff that we'd do, living there lives. Its like they live in a parallel Muppet world going about their business everyday lol
  7. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

It is so truly fantastic that I am unable to form a cohesive sentence to describe how fantastic it truly is. So I shall just say this:

:attitude:SAM ROCKS!:attitude:

I believe that is sufficient enough.
  8. The Count Moderator

Erm... If someone could please send me this as a MUP3, and the Kermit Lost video too, I'd appreciate it. Zank ju. :sympathy:
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have to say, I don't think I care too much for the new Sam puppet... seems like it restricted a lot of movement.

But I did LOVE this sketch. We finally moved out of the Beaker and Chef type videos and onto distinct character pieces. And there's nothing better than Sam's uber-patriotism that totally sends him out of control. I loved the calling Karaoke an "American pastime," and his rage at the end over Canadian bands... really. Will say it came off a but short though... but still a real good one. Not quite as large scale as Bohemian Rhapsody... but still a very good one.

I really would like to see ones withOUT music videos... even if they're just reruns from XD...
  10. rexcrk Active Member

lol great vid, although, while I think Eric does a fantastic Miss Piggy and Fozzie, and a good Animal, I'm still not a fan of his performance of Sam >_>

Great video nonetheless
  11. GonzoLover85 Member

Sent.
  12. ToodlesTeam Active Member

I like the look of the puppet, but the stiff mouth movement bothers me.

What doesn't bother me is the performance! He may not sound exactly like Sam, but the personality was certainly there! And Kermit popping on-screen in classic Muppet Show style was awesome.:)

This is definitely one of my favorite videos they've done, but that probably has to do with the fact that I love Sam so much.:attitude:
  13. The Count Moderator

Thanks GL, got 'em. Hilarious version of a rock classic. :zany:
  14. Mupp Member

The look has grown on me a bit. If the movement is deemed to be a performance problem, then I'm sure they will adjust it.

I think part of the reason why they are going back to the classic Sam look, is so he looks more like an eagle, specifically the shape of the beak. They might want to consider dialing back on his eyebrows though.
  15. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Hey there- Guess Who? It's The Muppets! Wow- I can't wait to check out "American Woman" later today.:)
  16. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Great great great! Loved the S&W comment at the end, too!
  17. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Loved it! great to see Sam and Kermit doing something! great song as well.
  18. frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's funny, yet it left me wanting more. That's the point I guess. Great vid. :attitude:
  19. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think the problem is the shape of the beak... it seems just kinda small, and the bottom lip doesn't really move all that much either... so I really think it stifles the movement in that aspect. I mean, Sam's beak was a lot more flexible in other puppets. I like the rest of the look fine, but it seems the beak needs a real adjustment to get the full line of expression back.
  20. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Classic Muppets at it best :D::):excited: