1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Video: The Muppets Face One Big Problem

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppetlover123, Oct 10, 2011.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

a bunch of new scenes swedish chef in kitchen pepes line how they get to paris a shot of the destroyed theater
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I previously thought Kermit's "I believe in you" speech would come closer to the end, but after watching this, it looks like it might happen before the telethon, perhaps even before they can secure a deal to air the telethon.

I previously saw a Moopets production t-shirt which depicted a live actor alongside the group. Watching the trailer it's clear the guy is supposed to represent Animal.
  3. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I love the new clips we've got here!
  4. Stulz

Stulz Member

That's Dave Grohl from Nirvana and Foot Fighters. He takes over on drums while Animal is in Anger Managment
  5. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Seriously, with every trailer, sneak peek, etc, I get more and more excited to see this. Its amazing that we're a little more than a month away. I remember when we were WAITING for news of a new movie.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

i love the teenage mutant nija turtle line!
  7. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

The video isn't showing up here. I even went to You Tube to look & didn't see it.
  8. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

UGH! LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO THE MUPPETS!!!

Justice. :)
    Terrence Burke likes this.
  9. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

What? :confused:
  10. I agree. I am not jumping out of my seat when I see the trailer. I honestly wish I was, but somehow I am just not "feeling the magic".
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that was a joke...
  12. MrBloogarFoobly

Yeah, it was. Apparently, poorly executed.

I'm saying that it seems, from this trailer, at least, the spirit of the Muppets has been captured, more or less.
  13. I wish I was kidding. I am hesitant to drop $9+ to see this film after what I have read about it, and watching the trailer. Perhaps I am too attached to the old show that I love so much. I will eventually see the film, yet the advance material that I have seen is just not grabbing me like I had hoped it would.
  14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Go see it anyway, Terrence. The Muppets need all the support they can get, especially if we want them to live on and continue appearing in new projects after the film hits the theaters.
  15. Dbailey15

Dbailey15 New Member

I'm not very enthralled about the negative comments about the new 'Muppet Movie'. I've really been looking forward to it. What we need is a new tradtional series.​
    Duke Remington likes this.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A new series has absolutely no chance of happening, especially if it's the same format as the 1970's version. Roger Langridge managed to take the source material, even improve upon it for the comic book version (which I can't stop recommending and then cursing Disney for ending it prematurely)... but the variety show format is going to be lost on anyone who wasn't a fan of the original series. Plus, I've said often, there's no place for them on television in this age... even back in the 70's, the networks wouldn't touch the Muppet Show. Had it not been for syndication, we might never have had the series or the movies. We don't have that kind of vision to give a show like that a chance today. Even the Jim Henson Hour had problems on Network TV. Had JHH been syndicated like TMS was, I'm sure it would have lasted a full season.
    Terrence Burke likes this.
  17. I agree with Drtooth, Roger Langridge's comics were GREAT! He "got" it.

Please keep in ming folks, I WANT to LOVE this film, yet from the clips I've seen so far I just have not been "WOW I MUST SEE THAT!" yet.

I've been a Muppets fan since 1969, I am a puppeteer because I love the Muppets, I really do not wish the brand ill will. Perhaps I'm just "too old" to get today's brand of humor, and so be it. Enjoy the film, may it make Disney millions and millions. :)
  18. MrBloogarFoobly

Great point that.

"The Muppets" for all of their winking and nodding to adults, still have too much innocence in them for today's television. Now, if we could throw in a sex-charged love triangle between Piggy, Kermit, and Gonzo, and get Fozzie Bear addicted to heroine, and kill a character off in every explosion-charged season finale, THEN we could get the Muppets on modern TV.
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yes, but also the fact that Variety Shows aren't relevant anymore. Anyone who tries one automatically fails. If it was more a sketch comedy thing it could work on the level of SNL or something... I'd say a retooled Muppets Tonight like show with classic characters (since we have most of them recast by now) could work... but I don't think it would work anywhere but cable. And again, Disney Channel is stuck with its demographic, ABC Family's stuck with its slightly older, but essentially the exact same demographic. If a Muppet Show were on Disney, it would be like EVERY episode would have to be Studio DC.
  20. ryan19

ryan19 Member

This WILL be the biggest event for me ....
    Duke Remington likes this.