New Year's Music on Muppet Central Radio

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The past several days you may have noticed some New Year's themed songs playing on Muppet Central Radio. Featured most prominently is the music from the 1993 "Sesame Street Stays Up Late" special. Since this is the first year we're playing New Year's themed songs if you have any suggestions of tunes we should add, please post them here (with media links if at all possible).

I'm particularly looking for Grover singing a song about New Year's resolutions to the tune of "Turkey in the Straw" on Sprout's Sunny Side Up Show from December 31, 2008. Please let me know if you can help.

You can listen to Muppet Central Radio 24 hours a day on Live365 and Radio Terra.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the New Year's stuff, especially from Sesame Stays Up Late which has a special place in my Muppet fandom cherishment.

But I was rully blown by a piece that just aired a moment ago, with soundbytes of important moments from US history opened and closed by the Pledge of Allegiance. That's a good addition as it all sinks in from clip to clip.

As for suggestions for songs to play...
Bats by Gonzo and Jason Alexander from Muppets Tonight has a final New Year's-ish verse.
There's the clip from Jay Leno where Piggy's on the rooftop for the farewell to the old year.
Auld Lang Zine from the Loretta Switt TMS episode.

That's all that comes to mind, hope this helps.