1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

News Broadcasting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mario500, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Had you ever been bothered by news broadcasters (either local or national) sounding emotional and/or opinionated while presenting reports regarding certain subjects or immediately after doing so?

Here are some transcripts of some examples of a certain news broadcaster sounding emotional and/or opinionated while presenting reports regarding certain subjects for a local TV news program broadcast earlier this July:

“We have another church burglary to tell you about…”

“…the bad guy was caught on camera, now he needs to be caught by police"

“We have a lot to tell you about. We start with sad news, though, about an endangered species washing up dead on Fort Morgan. The sea turtle was found with a beach chair tangled around its neck…it’s really heartbreaking…"

“It’s one of the most anticipated events every summer and once again they didn’t disappoint”

“Oh yeah, you got to love it; lots of fun out there”

“Now there was a bit of a scare today during the show, though; a boat capsized, sending eleven people in the water. The coast guard was johnny on the spot and rescued everyone. No one was hurt”

“Up next, though, a jaguar got loose inside at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans this morning. Thankfully the zoo was closed, but wait until you hear how many animals the jaguar killed”

2. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

I had often found some broadcasts of some of the local news programs for some of the TV stations located near my home to had been both very comedic and very dramatic in recent times.

3. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I swear you guys come up with the best threads; heaven forbid people have feelings. :confused:

4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I came into this thread thinking it was going to be a rant on sensationalism.

Son I am disappoint.

5. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

these threads just keep getting better and better LMAO

6. Blue Frackle

The guy who made the thread "Why don't people get sawed in half on kid's shows?" makes better threads.

7. Froggy Fool

truth ^

8. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Could you explain this message?

9. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

I would keep my feelings to my self if I were presenting a news report or doing a news report through a certain medium (audiences for news reports ought to be allowed to form their own feelings regarding news without the feelings of their presenters or reporters).

10. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Would you like to post a rant on news broadcasting related to sensationalism?

11. Froggy Fool

All of us were just commenting on the randomness of the topic, that's all. :) :laugh:

Blue Frackle likes this.
  12. Blue Frackle

This is a really random thread, and there is some other guy known for making random threads; one of them being he wanted to know why people didn't get sawed in half on children's TV shows.

13. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Froggy Fool likes this.
  14. Froggy Fool

True fact tho.

15. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Some of the local news programming broadcast by one of the TV stations near my home often appeared to have had a news presenter sighing in some presentations of theirs related to news (as if the news presenter or news presenters appearing to had done so was expressing disgust toward certain subjects).

16. Blue Frackle

[​IMG]

Do you have a lot of time on your hands or something?

17. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

can i ask why you dislike news casters displaying emotion? they're people, not robots

18. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Because they were unnecessary, distracting, unprofessional, and potentially irritating.

19. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Yes.

20. Froggy Fool