News Broadcasting

Mario500

Reaction score
Had you ever been bothered by news broadcasters (either local or national) sounding emotional and/or opinionated while presenting reports regarding certain subjects or immediately after doing so?

Here are some transcripts of some examples of a certain news broadcaster sounding emotional and/or opinionated while presenting reports regarding certain subjects for a local TV news program broadcast earlier this July:

“We have another church burglary to tell you about…”

“…the bad guy was caught on camera, now he needs to be caught by police"

“We have a lot to tell you about. We start with sad news, though, about an endangered species washing up dead on Fort Morgan. The sea turtle was found with a beach chair tangled around its neck…it’s really heartbreaking…"

“It’s one of the most anticipated events every summer and once again they didn’t disappoint”

“Oh yeah, you got to love it; lots of fun out there”

“Now there was a bit of a scare today during the show, though; a boat capsized, sending eleven people in the water. The coast guard was johnny on the spot and rescued everyone. No one was hurt”

“Up next, though, a jaguar got loose inside at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans this morning. Thankfully the zoo was closed, but wait until you hear how many animals the jaguar killed”

Mario500

Reaction score
I had often found some broadcasts of some of the local news programs for some of the TV stations located near my home to had been both very comedic and very dramatic in recent times.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
these threads just keep getting better and better ****

Mario500

Reaction score
I swear you guys come up with the best threads; heaven forbid people have feelings. :confused:
I would keep my feelings to my self if I were presenting a news report or doing a news report through a certain medium (audiences for news reports ought to be allowed to form their own feelings regarding news without the feelings of their presenters or reporters).

Mario500

Reaction score
I came into this thread thinking it was going to be a rant on sensationalism.

Son I am disappoint.
Would you like to post a rant on news broadcasting related to sensationalism?