Newsie: AMA

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I noticed several folks have running Ask Me Anything threads. Since I haven't been here for a while, I thought I may as well open up the floor...

*Newsie falls through hole in the floor* AAAAGH!

Oops...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Favorite Disney movie? And song?
Disney owns so many properties now, I'm going to have to break that down:

fave classic Disney Studios: Robin Hood (with the fox)
" Pixar: Toy Story
" Marvel Studios: CA: Civil War (though I saw Logan last weekend and enjoyed it very much)
" Star Wars: tough choice...I need to give Rogue One a re-watch. But I'm gonna go with Return of the Jedi
" Muppets:

Favorite song? You mean in a Disney film, or in general? If Disney: probably "Be Prepared" from The Lion King.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had no idea ROBIN HOOD was so underrated . . . I don't know anybody who dislikes it. When I was a little kid, I would often play-act as Alan-a-dale as I watched.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I had no idea ROBIN HOOD was so underrated . . . I don't know anybody who dislikes it. When I was a little kid, I would often play-act as Alan-a-dale as I watched.
It's definitely popular with the people that have seen it, but that appears to be the problem- not many people have seen it compared to a lot of Disney's other movies. In my opinion it's the most underrated Disney film, along with The Aristocats.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Where have you been all these years?! :stick_out_tongue:
Er...how long was I away? Since, what, 2012? 2013?

Well...lots happened. My partner in AZ and I called it quits after 12 years, much to the relief of us both. We're still friends, but really never should've been a couple. I worked crappy hours for nowhere near enough pay as a senior caregiver, witnessed a friend die of cancer, worked crappy retail, became very depressed. Finally visited my brother & family in FL and met my little nieces (now 9 & 7).

Decided I was going to end up completely alone. Considered checking out of this plane. Met some fantastic people, one of whom launched a side career as a professional editor; another convinced me that I should try love one more time by looking at online dating.

Met a brilliant, creative, happily Gonzo man on OkCupid. Second day after "meeting" online, we had a 9-hr-straight conversation. Next day, we agreed to see each other exclusively. On day five, we were engaged.

Spent a summer raising funding through Indiegogo to relocate. November 2014, I drove 3 days from AZ to Wisconsin. Been here since, with the best froggie ever/audio engineer/bibliophile/love of my life. Went from crap retail job to ok temp job to permanent office job with a decent company. We spend some time doing fun stuff with his family, as his siblings also live here. I'm still editing, still writing, and very happy with my life, despite the growing bleakness of the world...

So, stuff. :news:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Disney owns so many properties now, I'm going to have to break that down:

fave classic Disney Studios: Robin Hood (with the fox)
" Pixar: Toy Story
" Marvel Studios: CA: Civil War (though I saw Logan last weekend and enjoyed it very much)
" Star Wars: tough choice...I need to give Rogue One a re-watch. But I'm gonna go with Return of the Jedi
" Muppets:

Favorite song? You mean in a Disney film, or in general? If Disney: probably "Be Prepared" from The Lion King.
Robin Hood is in my Top Three, and was the first film I ever saw in the theaters.
The only person who didn't like it was film critic Leonard Maltin, who criticized that Little John was a rip-off of Baloo from Jungle Book, Maid Marian's dancing scenes were xeroxed from Snow White, and "Robin Hood was the most boring character in the film".

Maybe I can spring John Gotti's son out of jail. I got a job for him, as long as he doesn't botch it.