Newsie: AMA

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Disney owns so many properties now, I'm going to have to break that down:

fave classic Disney Studios: Robin Hood (with the fox)
" Pixar: Toy Story
" Marvel Studios: CA: Civil War (though I saw Logan last weekend and enjoyed it very much)
" Star Wars: tough choice...I need to give Rogue One a re-watch. But I'm gonna go with Return of the Jedi
" Muppets:

Favorite song? You mean in a Disney film, or in general? If Disney: probably "Be Prepared" from The Lion King.
Yes. That's what I meant.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I had no idea ROBIN HOOD was so underrated . . . I don't know anybody who dislikes it. When I was a little kid, I would often play-act as Alan-a-dale as I watched.
Nice!
I had Robin Hood sheets on my bed as a kid. Great film, and one of the few Disney adaptations where I don't mind them mucking with the original story. (You know in most versions, Robin and Maid Marian never get together, right?)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Have you met anybody famous?
I once worked backstage on a Philip Glass opera ("Les Enfants Terrible" during Spoleto Festival 1996) and literally ran into Glass backstage. The man is a TREE.

I met Mike, Kevin, and the Mads (twice) at the MST3K Conventioconexpofestaramas. Frank liked my t-shirt, and I was able to get a photo with them.

Chuck Wendig allowed me to stroke his beard at Tucson Book Festival (it was a dare from my publisher. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED). I also met author Cornelia Funke, who was extremely nice. And she may not be AS famous, but I'm friends with author Sue London -- also my publisher for most editing gigs -- also the one who dared me to pet the wild Wendigo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
(You know in most versions, Robin and Maid Marian never get together, right?)
In all honesty, whenever I would watch as a kid, I would fast-forward through all that mushy stuff between Robin and Marian - I always felt like it bogged down the movie (plus, as a boy, we're just hard-wired to not like mushy stuff, lol).

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Have you met anybody famous?
And this is more of a small-world sort of coincidence, but my dad worked with Bill Prady's dad Norm Prady at his ad agency in Detroit when I was a tot. No idea if Bill & I ever met, but he was kind enough to say on Twitter that he had good memories of my dad.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I once worked backstage on a Philip Glass opera ("Les Enfants Terrible" during Spoleto Festival 1996) and literally ran into Glass backstage. The man is a TREE.

I met Mike, Kevin, and the Mads (twice) at the MST3K Conventioconexpofestaramas. Frank liked my t-shirt, and I was able to get a photo with them.

Chuck Wendig allowed me to stroke his beard at Tucson Book Festival (it was a dare from my publisher. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED). I also met author Cornelia Funke, who was extremely nice. And she may not be AS famous, but I'm friends with author Sue London -- also my publisher for most editing gigs -- also the one who dared me to pet the wild Wendigo.
You got to meet the Mystery Science Theater people? Lucky!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
You got to meet the Mystery Science Theater people? Lucky!
All but Joel! But I did back the new MST3K, and Rifftrax (the entire Twilight series, riffed, is one of life's best enjoyments).

Witnessing the Parade of Torgos at the second convention was amazing. And seeing the guys riff on This Island Earth live was SO much better than the highly edited MST Movie. Frank came out in a black tutu and danced to Endlessfrank.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
All but Joel! But I did back the new MST3K, and Rifftrax (the entire Twilight series, riffed, is one of life's best enjoyments).

Witnessing the Parade of Torgos at the second convention was amazing. And seeing the guys riff on This Island Earth live was SO much better than the highly edited MST Movie. Frank came out in a black tutu and danced to Endlessfrank.
That must have been a bummer for you. I bet meeting Joel himself would've been awesome.