Newsie: AMA

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Ah yeah. You love the classics just like I do. :smile:
Oh, some of those wouldn't hold my interest now. Looney Tunes are timeless, and last year I saw a new Scooby-Doo that had so many in-jokes for original viewers that I loved it.

Faves currently are Westworld, The Expanse, Stranger Things, and Grimm, and (gasp!) The Muppets. I tend to swing between dark and intense, and outright silly.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Oh, some of those wouldn't hold my interest now. Looney Tunes are timeless, and last year I saw a new Scooby-Doo that had so many in-jokes for original viewers that I loved it.

Faves currently are Westworld, The Expanse, Stranger Things, and Grimm, and (gasp!) The Muppets. I tend to swing between dark and intense, and outright silly.
Same! Looney Tunes never gets old for me either.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
What would be your perfect meal, and what would you have to drink with it?
Perfect...hmm.
Probably ostrich steak done medium-rare, a fresh-made real Caesar salad, and a potato baked til soft & slathered in butter. To drink: cool water and a bottle of Sangiovese. (I like wine so dry, you'll need water afterward just to let your throat know it was wet!)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
FYI: I should have said this at the start, especially as I don't know some of you well at all: I've been a theatre techie, I write horror, fantasy, and very silly fanfic, and my secondary career is as an editor for an indie publishing house.

I also still identify with Newsie strongly. These are the most important things about me.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
In that case, what's your favorite horror film, and who's your favorite horror movie villain?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
In that case, what's your favorite horror film, and who's your favorite horror movie villain?
Cabin in the Woods! (Which is ALSO my favorite comedy. I defy anyone to deny the comic genius of that film.)

Fave villain...tough call. The Demogorgon from Stranger Things is pretty awesomely monstruous, but not a villain per se, just a beast. I'll go with Freddy. at least until I see the new It.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Favorite Muppets?
The Newsman, Gonzo, Beaker & Bunsen as the top choices. Of course I like Kermit, and I've grown to enjoy Piggy, which I never thought would happen! Big Mean Carl never fails to crack me up, and Sweetums is adorable.

On SST, Grover and Bert & Ernie.

Films: Aughra (hope I spelled that right) in Dark Crystal, and the Skeksis. The biters-on-sticks scene in Labyrinth has made me flop over laughing every time I've seen it.

Haven't seen enough of Muppets Tonight or Fraggle Rock to choose favorites there.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The Newsman, Gonzo, Beaker & Bunsen as the top choices. Of course I like Kermit, and I've grown to enjoy Piggy, which I never thought would happen! Big Mean Carl never fails to crack me up, and Sweetums is adorable.

On SST, Grover and Bert & Ernie.

Films: Aughra (hope I spelled that right) in Dark Crystal, and the Skeksis. The biters-on-sticks scene in Labyrinth has made me flop over laughing every time I've seen it.

Haven't seen enough of Muppets Tonight or Fraggle Rock to choose favorites there.
Right on! Though it's hard to decide between Ernie or Bert.