Next Looney Tunes DVD set cartoon list up!

wiley207

Reaction score
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bugs-Bunny-Looney-Tunes-Comedy-Hour-Volume-6/10016

I'm so glad WB is going to put "Now Hear This" on this set! It's one of my all-time favorite Chuck Jones cartoons! I love the visual style and the sound effects. It was also the first LT short to use the "Abstract WB" logos that all later WB cartoons from 1965 onward would use.

But I hope WB does not run into music rights issues with "Hook Line and Stinker." This same music library prevented "Quick Draw McGraw" from a DVD release, and "Gumby" suffered a similar problem when attempting to release it on DVD in 2002 (fortunately by 2006 they resolved them). And I certainly hope WB does not dub a new soundtrack onto "Hook, Line and Stinker!" This would upset many fans. They did a similar thing to the classic Gumby cartoons in 1988, redubbing the soundtrack with new music and voices!

And I certainly hope this won't be the last LTGC set! I guess it had to do with the poor sales of the previous volume (thanks a lot, "Ratatouille!" Now see what you've done? :mad: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I certainly hope this won't be the last LTGC set! I guess it had to do with the poor sales of the previous volume (thanks a lot, "Ratatouille!" Now see what you've done? :mad: )
Ahem... Ratataoullie= $20 retail price. LTGC= $40-50 retail price. Don't see how it's Rat's fault. I mean, I haven'te been able to pick up any Fraggle Rock, Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, or Pinky and the Brain (except for the final volume) due to the high prices.

I bet the kiddy "Spotlight" collections do better, due to the much, much lower prices.

I just hope we get Duck Dodgers, the Animated series, and Taz Mania! soon. We're getting Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, but that's about it.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I would love :flirt: Duck Dodgers.. especially if they put the first two shorts as special features
He's talking about the series. The first original Duck Dodgers is already in the collection, i forget which volume though.

wiley207

Reaction score
He's talking about the series. The first original Duck Dodgers is already in the collection, i forget which volume though.
Volume 1. That and Volume 5 are the only LTGC volumes to contain a cartoon (or two) featuring Marvin the Martian in them, while all the others seem to deliberately avoid this character! I mean, WB blew a perfectly good chance for some Bugs Bunny cartoons for Disc 1 of Volumes 2, 3 and 4. But instead they went with Bugs against either Elmer, Yosemite Sam or some one-shot villain. Or maybe it's because Marvin's a relatively obscure LT character, like Charlie Dog or Cool Cat?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Volume 1. That and Volume 5 are the only LTGC volumes to contain a cartoon (or two) featuring Marvin the Martian in them, while all the others seem to deliberately avoid this character! I mean, WB blew a perfectly good chance for some Bugs Bunny cartoons for Disc 1 of Volumes 2, 3 and 4. But instead they went with Bugs against either Elmer, Yosemite Sam or some one-shot villain. Or maybe it's because Marvin's a relatively obscure LT character, like Charlie Dog or Cool Cat?

Marvin, even before Duck Dodgers, was on a crapload of merchandise. The character was popular, but how many shorts did he really appear in? Same thing with The Taz-Manian Devil.

Anyway, the one thing I don't like (the idea of, since I can't afford them) about the Golden Collection DVD's is that they're all over the place. I prefer what they've been doing with the Popeye DVD's, splitting the cartoons up into year by year groups. I know there's probably a specific reason why they do that, sure, but I heard there are a lot of rerun segments.

I also wonder if they're planning an "Ultimate" collection. Warners has reportedly announced Full Series DVD's of the Flintstones and Batman The Animated Series. And usually, these are cheaper, as long as you can stand paying for all of it at once.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I know that... that's why I said I'd like the shorts as special features

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Anyway, the one thing I don't like (the idea of, since I can't afford them) about the Golden Collection DVD's is that they're all over the place. I prefer what they've been doing with the Popeye DVD's, splitting the cartoons up into year by year groups. I know there's probably a specific reason why they do that, sure, but I heard there are a lot of rerun segments.
I read somewhere that they don't release them by years because earlier years wouldn't sell. Doing it this way, although it's a little random, all of the Looney Tunes are released, and some of the early cartoons get exposure to a different audience. I know if I had a choice, I'd only buy cartoons from about the mid-to-late thirties on (and skip on anything after the studio closed in the '60s). I'm just not that big on the real early stuff, or the later stuff either.

I don't think there are a lot of rerun segments. I thought there were at first, so I'll have to double check.

Also, there were four Marvin the Martian cartoons originally, and then a fifth came out in the '60s. Then he wasn't seen again till the '80s.

He hasn't been in much.