Next Looney Tunes DVD set cartoon list up!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
really? He was not in the 80's?
No, he came back in the '80s (after almost 20 years).

It's nice to see some more war time cartoons on this set. They're pretty much never shown anymore, due to their content. I also wonder if the banned toons will ever come out.

It says this is the last Golden Collection, but there are plans to release the rest of the Looney Tunes. I hope so. I also hope they don't repeat some of the more popular cartoons when they do, though. That'd seem like a waste to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks like Taz wasn't in that many cartoons, either. Not counting Taz-mania and post Taz-mania productions, he was only in about 5 cartoons.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Looks like Taz wasn't in that many cartoons, either. Not counting Taz-mania and post Taz-mania productions, he was only in about 5 cartoons.
Yeah, I think one of the special features on the Looney Tunes DVDs said that they didn't realize how popular characters like Marvin and Taz were until after the original Looney Tunes were all over with.

Another character that's extremely popular is Michigan J. Frog. But he was only in one cartoon. Michigan J. Frog wasn't even his name until much, much later.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another character that's extremely popular is Michigan J. Frog. But he was only in one cartoon. Michigan J. Frog wasn't even his name until much, much later.
And of course, as we all know, his REAL claim to fame was being a network logo. In fact, I think he made more Tiny Toons appearances than regular LT cartoons. Off course, I only know of 2 Tiny Toon cartoons he was in.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
He didn't have a name. He was just a frog for a cartoon. His name comes from "The Michigan Rag," which was written for the cartoon.

And of course, as we all know, his REAL claim to fame was being a network logo. In fact, I think he made more Tiny Toons appearances than regular LT cartoons. Off course, I only know of 2 Tiny Toon cartoons he was in.
So, at least double the appearances! :stick_out_tongue:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you really can't avoid the double dip, especially since all of the "mainstream" cartoons got released already (mainly Bugs and Daffy shorts).

I'd actually like to see something along the lines of what Disney's doing with the WDT line; that is, collector's tins based around a particular character or subject matter. Heck, Jerry Beck could be the Leonard Maltin of the "Looney Tunes Treasures"!

BJ