Next Muppet Movie

Marky

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Unless you use people who will never age and always be at the same height of popularity, a movie will automatically date over a number of years. It can't be helped.
Of course, it's just that tv and movie stars were viewed differently as a whole, back then, and Celebrity cameos weren't as standard and ho-hum as they are today.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Marky said:
Of course, it's just that tv and movie stars were viewed differently as a whole, back then, and Celebrity cameos weren't as standard and ho-hum as they are today.
I don't know. Even movies back then relied on celeb cameos. Marlon Brando's cameo in Superman made him more highly paid than any of the other cast, and he only appeared on screen for a few minutes.

unclematt

Reaction score
I wouldnt call that a cameo. That was a role.

unclematt

Reaction score
He was playing Supermans father. They are not going to give that part to a bit actor. It is not like a waiter or a balloon salesman. How many lines has nothing to do with it.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
unclematt said:
He was playing Supermans father. They are not going to give that part to a bit actor. It is not like a waiter or a balloon salesman. How many lines has nothing to do with it.
But the whole reason for using him was to boost ticket sales. Surely it's no different.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I think it is.
Considering he was paid $3.7million for less than 10 minutes and the movie was over 2 hours long, I'd still consider it a cameo. Either way, noone would consider that kind of money to a so called "celebrity" cameo nowadays. That's what we were talking about right? :confused: