Next Muppet Movie

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I always liked the description of The Next Muppet Movie at AICN I read so many years ago. It definitely sounds like it could be a great next movie.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'm sorry for the double post guys but I just had a thought.

There's been a three-year time period between each and every Muppet movie since MTI. That was 1996... then MFS in 1999... then VMX in 2002... and MOZ on 2005. So it's likely we can expect another in 2008.

I realize this does very little to boost this thread's topic but I figured I would share my brilliant, exhausting research with you.

unclematt

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
I'm sorry for the double post guys but I just had a thought.

There's been a three-year time period between each and every Muppet movie since MTI. That was 1996... then MFS in 1999... then VMX in 2002... and MOZ on 2005. So it's likely we can expect another in 2008.

I realize this does very little to boost this thread's topic but I figured I would share my brilliant, exhausting research with you.
Isnt Fraggle Rock expected in 2008

unclematt

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
sounds like a heart felt movie to me haha get it muppets felt? haha nevermind:embarrassed:
(In best Fozzy impression) You are fuunnnyyyyy

beaker

Reaction score
BEAR said:
How about a Mupp-umentary?
Well there's The World According To Sesame Street that just came out, but that is pretty depressing.

Yeah the Muppet Mockumentary was spose to be in development, that fell through. As did the straight to video Bear in the Big Blue House movie.

Looks like the only Muppet film coming to the big screen in the next millennia is Fraggle Rock, which is...pretty darn cool. Tho yeah, I remember seeing BOTH MFS and Elmo in Grouchland opening days in 1999...the rare year TWO Muppet films came to the big screen.

I could easily see them making an epicly nifty new Muppet movie. If the writing was smart and heartfelt, definately.

Marky

Reaction score
MFS did so badly in theatres that I doubt Disney would risk another theatrical release.