1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Was Once Ernie, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Thanks, BigDumbWookie!
  2. vaderdentist Member

I believe they should do a Rizzo/Pepe two pack..........since they are such small critters. :)

Dave
  3. MWoO Active Member

Or they could release them separately and perhaps hold costs down a bit.
  4. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I'm still disappointed that we never got a fully articulated Robin action figure (not Scout Robin) from Palisades. I have always thought it would be funny if he ended up hanging around with Pepe and Rizzo and picked up on some of their bad habits to Kermit's dismay!!

I'm still waiting for Gonzo. This is going to be wonderful!!
  5. TheJimHensonHour New Member

I feel the same way I dont like the Kermit but this Gonzo is like almost spot on he's so mine!
  6. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Have you checked out Lab Rat's pictures of MR Kermit in that thread? I would hope that they'd change your mind(s).

:)
    Anthony
  7. goodrastus New Member

I am incredibly excited by Gonzo. I have been very impressed with the pics of Kermit that have appeared over the last couple of weeks and so my opinion of maybe has now turned into definitely. This Aussie boy will be getting both and if the standard remains this impressive, I will gladly purchase future replicas!
  8. rexcrk Active Member

After getting Kermit I now say with even MORE enthusiasm:

BRING ON GONZO!!!
  9. BigDumbWookiee New Member

10. Vic Romano Active Member

Ah, um... cool... need a little work, but uh, good. :smirk:
  11. rtgentry Member

Wow when is animal supposed to come out? Who developed him?
  12. King Prawn New Member

the link doesn't seem to work for me, i'll try it again in a while. What a great day confimation from Henson on the Fraggle film and soon I'll get to see Animal. I've been wanting to see him ever since he was rumoured to be second in the line
  13. MWoO Active Member

A great big NO on Animal.

Gonzo'd head is ok if not creepy. The upper lip/uinder the nose area look too big. Hopefully that is fixed. Other than that it looks good.

NO on Animal...again...cause it's a really big NO.
  14. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

WHOA! Animal is HUGE! But he is very off...His head is too...It's too little of something I think. And the Gonzo head looked much better in the pics we saw earlier.
  15. vaderdentist Member

Animal looks pretty good in his overall shape and form. He's definitely gonna be bigger than Kermit! He needs some orange plush fur just behind his eyebrows ..........right in front of the pink ostrich feathers. His eyebrows need to be way shaggier and of course he needs clothes. Other than that.........they are getting pretty darned close. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my all time favorite Muppet!!! :) I'm so relieved he's gonna look more or less like the original Animal puppet rather than the horrid posers used in so many photo shoots.........most of the posers have his eyes smashed too close together. In reality......Animal's head is roughly twice the size of Kermit's head. he's about a foot taller as well. Not too bad actually!!

Dave
  16. BigDumbWookiee New Member

He's an MR replica, or do you mean what people specifically developed him?

Keep in mind, just like with Kermit years back, these are early pieces. Kermit went througha LOT of changes before making it out.
  17. MuppetMarc New Member

Is it middle-aged :halo:, because he doesn't appear to have much hair.
  18. rtgentry Member

What I meant was who did the prototype? Was it Terry Angus?
  19. mrsieve Member

For prototypes in the early stages, they (Gonzo and Animal) don't look to shabby. It'll be intresting to see what MR decides to clothe Animal with. The classic vest, or the white t-shirt. I would think MR would be leaning towards the vest, considering Gonzo will have his purple tux (as earlier reported).
  20. rtgentry Member

Definatly must have the vest!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.