Nfl 2005

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
All I know is come sunday Houston is going to be 0-2 when they play the Steelers.

ryan

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah the Steelers are very tough and I am picking them to win. But Houston is a funny team. They always seem to have their ups and their downs. A lot of times in the past they would win when I picked against them and vice versa. Overall, they keep getting slightly better each year since they began in 2002 (4-12, 5-11, 7-9). We'll see if they can continue that trend this year by finishing at least 8-8.
And too bad the Houston Oilers moved. I liked that team and the House of Pain and the song, "Cuz we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers number one!"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Nice article! Imagine if there was no football today? I hate to think of the thought........I could very well watch in footballs place, *gulp*, golf...... :embarrassed:

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
As I predicted, the Houston Texans are 0-2. I was hoping they would do somethign this year. Maybe they will.

And thank god, somebody is beating the Patriots. And that team would be the Carolina Panthers.

ryan

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah I correctly picked Pittsburgh to beat Houston, too. As well as Cincinnati and Chicago to win. But didn't expect these games to be as lopsided as they were! No surprise Philly routs S.F. It was surprising Jacksonville had Indi shut out till the 4th quarter. And I guess slightly surprising that the Pats lost, but Carolina is a good team and was at home.
Overall am 6-2 so far today but missing some of the later games so far. (Seattle 21-0 over Atlanta at the half?? wow).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well the Bears won. still don't know the score but I understand they killed Detroit.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Next up is Washington vs Dallas at home and Saints vs Giants at home.

I'm going for the Cowboys and Saints.

ryan

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
well the Bears won. still don't know the score but I understand they killed Detroit.
Yeah my Skins beat your Bears in week one and then Chicago did a nice turnaround yesterday in clobbering rival Detroit.

ryhoyarbie said:
Next up is Washington vs Dallas at home and Saints vs Giants at home.

I'm going for the Cowboys and Saints.
Those are my picks for tonight's games as well. I went 9-5 in week 2 so far and that really boosted me at Yahoo Pro Pickem'. I gained another 27,000 to go from about 40,000th to 13,000th. For fans of Washington, I went from 1048 to # 345. And for Pennsylvanians, I am ranked #600 after being #1948.
Of course, I'd much rather be wrong tonight and see my 'Skins beat the 'Boys! :smile: