1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

NFL Quarterbacks and Their Muppet Look-a-Likes

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Phillip, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Phillip Administrator

You've got to love it when different worlds collide....

Joe Flacco - Sam The Eagle
    [IMG]

2. RGIII - Rowlf The Dog

[IMG]
    Not to mention RGIII is a division rival with Michael Vick

3. Ben Roethlisberger - The Bread Monster

[IMG]

4. Sam Bradford - Bull

[IMG]

5. Mark Sanchez - Kermit The Frog

[IMG]

6. Cam Newton - Fozzie Bear

[IMG]

7. Ryan Fitzpatrick - Behemouth

[IMG]

8. Brandon Weeden - Rizzo the Rat

[IMG]

9. Aaron Rodgers - Chester Rat

[IMG]

10. Jay Cutler - The Newsman

[IMG]

11. Andrew Luck - Howard Tubman

[IMG]

12. Matt Cassel - Timmy Monster

[IMG]

13. Andy Dalton - Luncheon Counter Monster

[IMG]

14. Tom Brady - Pepe The King Prawn

[IMG]

15. Jake Locker - Crazy Harry

[IMG]

16. Ryan Tannehill - Beaker

[IMG]

17. Matthew Stafford - Sweetums

[IMG]

18. Christian Ponder - Darci

[IMG]

19. Matt Schaub - Caveman

[IMG]

20. Peyton Manning - Johnny Fiama

[IMG]

21. Michael Vick - Jo Beth Garfdoohoo

[IMG]

22. Blane Gabbert - Nate Leakey

[IMG]

23. Alex Smith - Bats

[IMG]

24. Josh Freeman - Meepzorp

[IMG]

25. Tony Romo - Scooter

[IMG]

26. Matt Ryan - Gertha

[IMG]

27. Carson Palmer - Animal

[IMG]

28. Kevin Kolb - The Weather Guy

[IMG]

29. Phillip Rivers - Angry Miss Piggy

[IMG]

30. Drew Brees - Gonzo

[IMG]

31. Matt Flynn - Dr. Teeth

[IMG]

32. Eli Manning - Eli Manning

[IMG]

Source:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/benrosen/all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-their-muppet-doppelgange
  2. beatnikchick300 Active Member

LOL! I have no use for most organized sports, but this is awesome!
  3. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Jay Cutler's also similar to the Newsman in that he frequently gets knocked over by previously unseen objects.
    Pinkflower7783, jgidley and The Count like this.
  4. The Count Moderator

And Michael Vic is exactly like Jo Beth Garfdoohoo because he keeps getting ugly victory after ugly victory.

Maybe if we had Sam the Eagle we coulda actually won that game last Sunday. 9 turnovers and 4 pics and Ravens still lose?!?!?!

*Would love for this to be featured on ESPN, but I haven't watched it all week.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  5. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Take it you're a Ravens fan? I'm a Patriots fan, so our teams are going head-to-head this weekend. I'm a little nervous to see how the Patriots offense looks without Hernandez against a tough defense.
  6. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

OMG are you a Ravens fan??? I must shake your hand!!! Let me just say though they were dead on with no. 3 haha these are hilarious! XD
    The Count likes this.
  7. The Count Moderator

Of corpse I'm a Ravens fan. Which is why I was glad they cut Billy Cundiff after pulling off an Ira Finkle at last year's AFC Championship game.
    (For those who don't know who Ira Finkle is, go watch Ace Ventura Pet Detective).

Sorry to say this Charlie, but the blackbirds will be angry to exact some revenge on NE. And thanks to the Cardinals, we have the blueprints on how to do it.
    BTW: I kind of adopted Arizona in the NFC because of the Nightmare connection.
    Come on, you know every time they mention John Skelton, we have to quote, "He is the Pumpkin King!"

And Pinkflower... Yes, The Bread Monster as Big Bad Ben Rothloserburger is accurate. Too bad he no longer has #57 the ol' ketchup head on the team. *Mock pity.
  8. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I know the Ravens will be very angry about last year's loss to the Patriots, and extremely angry about last week's tough loss. It's going to be a "put-up-or-shut-up" type of game for sure.

I like the Phillip Rivers/angered Miss Piggy comparison a lot upon further review.
  9. The Count Moderator

Yeah, looking at the list, I wonder why they tossed in two female characters. But I applaud the wealth of obscure Muppet characters, some or most that only us hardcore fans would know who they are.

Also... Anyone else hear Tony Romo going, "well, my uncle does own this stadium..." ;)
    And if Sanchez is Kermit, does that make Tim Tebo Robin the Frog?
  10. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Can I like this more then once? XD I'll be honest I am still feeling that loss from Sunday however I'm also ready to Welcome the Patriots to Baltimore!!! Not on our turf!!! :D
    The Count likes this.
  11. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow would be closer to the Mechanical Wind-Up Kermit in that analogy. ;)
  12. Hubert Well-Known Member

Haha, I like this. A lot of them are pretty perfect. And I love the use of obscure characters.
  13. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

The angry Piggy one had me cracking up! XD And Joe Flacco's is uncanny.
  14. snichols1973 Well-Known Member

After the Jets' loss to the Steelers in Week 2, I think Mark Sanchez can really identify with Kermit:
    "It's not easy being green..." :)
    muppetfan24/7 and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  15. snichols1973 Well-Known Member

After doing some searching, Eli Manning's closest Muppet equivalent is probably Walter from the 2011 Muppets film....

<<<<--- I had to update my avatar so you could see the potential resemblance....
  16. The Count Moderator

:) Yeah, it's not easy being green.
    Or Greenie.

Did anyone watch the SCLPL's (pronounced as "scalpels") Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks with the Muppets from last year? Man, that was the best segment from the entire season. Aside from the one the week before for Thanksgiving with the traditional WKRP Turkey Drop and Peanuts clips. Would love if they did a special Halloween edition for the Cardinals game that weekend, with references to The Nightmare Before Christmas, and if they brought back Jack the Ripper and Satan to call the game during the segment.
  17. snichols1973 Well-Known Member

I wonder what people would say if Drew Henson made a comeback....:) :fanatic:
  18. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Well, I looked it up and it says that apparently he retired. The last team he played was the Detroit Lions. I would he was more of a Kermit look a like I think.
  19. The Count Moderator

BTW: Today's Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks on Mike & Mike featured two Muppet clips.
    First, they used a bit where Tex Richman's gloating with his "maniacal laugh".
    Secondly, they closed the presentation with the famous Statler and Waldorf bit where :sleep: slept through the whole thing.

That, coupled with a Ravens win last night makes me happy.
  20. Phillip Administrator

Resurrecting an old thread... In honor of the Super Bowl here's a video commentary on NFL Quarterbacks and their Muppet Look-a-Likes.