Nibbles The Hamster - We Must Protest !

Luke

Reaction score
Bus driver charges boy 10p fare for nibbles the Hamster

A schoolboy who took his hamster on a bus journey to visit his grandmother was charged a 10p fare for the pet.

Jordan Underwood, 10, from King's Heath, Northampton, was stunned when after paying his own 55p fare, the bus driver demanded an extra 10p to allow Nibbles on board.

Bus company First Northampton has reportedly launched an investigation into the incident.

The animal was a gift from his 83-year-old grandmother to keep him company during the school holidays.

Jordan said: "I got on the bus and the man was saying what a lovely hamster it was. He said (the fare) was 55p and then looked at Nibbles and told me it was another 10p for him.

"I don't think it was fair because you don't have to pay for dog or babies and their 10 times bigger. He didn't even use a seat because I put him on the floor and he was in a cage so he wasn't going to chew anything."

Jordan added Nibbles was "shocked" by the ordeal and they would both continue to use the buses but hoped that they didn't meet the same driver again.

His father, Todd, 33 said: "There is a serious side to this because he is only a little boy and he might not have had enough money to get the bus back."

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Now I am beginning to suspect the real truth behind the demise of Stan! You offed him to save on bus fare! I demand an investigation!

Luke

Reaction score
The campaign begins !

Like all readers must be, i was shocked, and saddened to read the above news when it broke today in the UK. It brought tears (well, almost) to my eyes thinking about poor little Nibbles Underwood, on a trip to his 83 year old Grandmothers house for the very first time, and being charged for use of the bus. We can only be grateful that 10 year old Jordan had some extra money on him or little Nibbles would have missed his trip, and had to wait on tables or clean cars to start earning pocket money. It's not like Nibbles has long legs for walking, and he spends his life in a cage with only a wheel for excercise. This is an international outrage !

Apparently Nibbles is fairly shocked, so everybody please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. If you'd like to protest officially over this incident you can email the bus company at this link :- http://www.firstgroup.com/firstnorthampton/contact/contact.htm

Please tell your friends, pet hamsters, aunties and anyone else you can think of about this shocking incident and spread the news far and wide.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Folks,

Notice how he ignored my post entirely???

*smells a rat... er, hamster*

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Now I am beginning to suspect the real truth behind the demise of Stan! You offed him to save on bus fare! I demand an investigation!
I am happy to report that Stan The Hamster often travelled WITHOUT CHARGE on the bus in his little yellow hamster house. It has been reported (by me) he was the recipient of many adoring looks from women passengers while riding, maybe even an offer of romance or two, although to his species and his penchant for society women he had to shun them. Sadly, he never met another female hamster on the bus, but he used to enjoy watching Britney on the TV so that kinda made up for it.

Sadly, all this excitement became too much for Stan, and he now resides underneath our front garden.

Luke
PS :- Smell a Rat ? Maybe so - i think a family of them live in our basement !

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
that's horrible...
I know, it saddens me deeply. We need to get this campaign out onto the worlds stage.

Perhaps a fund could be started for Nibbles, to pay for his future bus fares, and also to buy advertising space on the back of Palisades action figure packaging to highlight this cause.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I heard he got charged 30p which is even worse. He should of at least got a seat after paying that much money. INstead they made him sit on the floor in a cage. That's discriminating against hamsters isn't it?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Amy
That's discriminating against hamsters isn't it?
Yes, sadly this is the way of todays world. Millions of people starving, the world's economy in crisis, terrorism around every corner ...... and in the UK some bus driver is discriminating against some little hamster minding his own business on a bus trip out to grandma's !!!