1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Nick & Jessica" wins the night

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by McFraggle, Apr 12, 2004.

1. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

2. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Wow thats a big surprise. Very big. It won't last though now that people have seen that the show is not the good they won't watch it again. I think.
  3. Rugby

Rugby Member

Ah, Nick and Jessica. The ones that act like they want to be your best friend while the cameras are rolling, and then hate and despise their fans when the cameras are not rolling. Those frauds don't deserve their own show.
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I guess people just crave a variety show...even if it IS Nick and Jessica!
  5. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I don't know if this will really have an effect on the Muppets at all, but if it does, it can only be a good one. Thanks for the news!
  6. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

although I don't understand WHY they would use that to judge the Muppets....but if the do, that's great!
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I do not know how to feel..... :o
  8. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

certainly don't puke in your hat!
  9. jediX

jediX Active Member

Oh jeez. I just saw on tv that they ordered ANOTHER one of these things for the Christmas season. Rugby, if you don't mind me asking, why do you call them frauds? (I'm just out of the loop on news, I guess)
  10. Randlev

Randlev New Member

Maybe we didn't all love the show, or like it....at all....but this means two great things for the muppets.

A. Disney knows that the muppets can be successful and work (especially with most reviews of the special praising the muppets for being the only good part of it)

and

B. As part of the special, the muppets reached a huge audience, and most of this audience was people who might not usually be exposed to the muppets. I can bet there were at least a couple people who looked at kermit and piggy and thought, hey, if Nick and Jessica are doing a special with them, and these muppets were pretty funny, maybe i should check em out a little more.

So whether you liked the special or not (I did, as i have said) it is still good news for the muppets, regardless of how long their appearance lasted or how dumb jessica simpson is. And news that the muppets will probably be part of Nick and Jessica's next variety special, probably a holiday special, is great news for the same reasons!
  11. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I agree, this appearance got the Muppets more attention than they normally would have gotten otherwise. If they are on the next special, it has the same benefits.
  12. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Indeed. A lot more (and probably better) exposure than fast-food commercials...
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

100% agreement. Hopefully, they'll realize that Variety Shows are best left to The Muppets and dump on Nick and Jessica.
  14. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Too late... :o :grouchy:
  15. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Moving right along here... :p