Nickelodeon Changing its Logo

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You mean that's the New Logo? It's looks like an old one.

SSLFan

Reaction score
It looks...blah. Maybe they're trying to refrence the old school era? I don't know. Nickelodeon's gone downhill anyway...

Hopefully Nick Cannon can turn it around.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It looks...blah. Maybe they're trying to refrence the old school era? I don't know. Nickelodeon's gone downhill anyway...

Hopefully Nick Cannon can turn it around.
Well, no. Actually he is in charge of developing programming at the n. At least I think that's right.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well, no. Actually he is in charge of developing programming at the n. At least I think that's right.
Oh yeah I just checked you're right. It says he's the honorary chairman and development consultant for TEENick.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looks...blah. Maybe they're trying to refrence the old school era?
People are trying to reference everything in the 80's for fashion reasons... ever see the previews for that Aliens in the Attic movie? a 11 year old kid is wearing an Activision Grand Prix for Atari 2600 shirt. Like anyone under the age of 30 has had an Atari....

I don't know. Nickelodeon's gone downhill anyway...

Everything has basically gone Downhill. Cartoon Network is airing poorly conceived knockoffs of Discovery Kids shows from 5 years ago to try to compete with the other 2 (yeah 2) Kid's networks on TV. I hope the ratings suck, and they end up like Tickle U and Out of Jimmy's Head. Nick at least seems to be more on the ball there. Even though Spongebob seems to be their ONLY cartoon now.

Count von Count

Reaction score
You mean that's the New Logo? It's looks like an old one.
I think so to like 90's old. One the subject of nick.
When I was growing up nick used green slime, :search:What ever happed to that.
And when i was growing up they had good show like "All That", Doug and so on.

Xerus

Reaction score
I heard Nickelodeon was first called the Pinwheel network and then changed it's name to Nickelodeon. And I remember before the orange logo, they had a silver ball with rainbow letters. Those were good times enjoying shows like Out of Control, Dangermouse, Nick Rocks, Livewire, Kids Writes, and You Can't Do That on TV.

When I was a kid, I used to imagine Nickelodeon was a magic kingdom where characters like Ross, Christine, Dangermouse, Lassie, and the Out of Control gang all had crazy adventures together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkxQmu3tPHI&feature=channel_page

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I heard Nickelodeon was first called the Pinwheel network and then changed it's name to Nickelodeon. And I remember before the orange logo, they had a silver ball with rainbow letters. Those were good times enjoying shows like Out of Control, Dangermouse, Nick Rocks, Livewire, Kids Writes, and You Can't Do That on TV.

When I was a kid, I used to imagine Nickelodeon was a magic kingdom where characters like Ross, Christine, Dangermouse, Lassie, and the Out of Control gang all had crazy adventures together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkxQmu3tPHI&feature=channel_page
Did you have Double Dear? I remember Dennis The menace. Not sure if Flipper came on back then, yet. Oh! What about Finders Keepers? And what about Turkey Television, Belle & Sebastian, The Little Prince, Today's Special, Count Duckula, Inspector Gadget, Heath Cliff, Pinwheel? Don't just Sit There may have been around in your time.