Nickelodeon Plans Blackout for Saturday, October 2

P

Philo and Gunge

Read em' and cheer:
www.toonzone.net said:
On October 2, Nickelodeon will, for the first time in its history, go off the air. This is part of their 'Let's Just Play' Campaign to get kids more physically active.

Nickelodeon will be off the air from 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (ET/PT), to give kids a chance to get out and get active. Regular programming will resume from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Live interstitials from Nickelodeon Worldwide Day of Play events in Hollywood and in cities across the US and world will begin airing at 6:00 pm. At 8:00 pm, Nickelodeon will present physical competitions between teams made up of Nickelodeon stars, athletes, real kids and Olympic athletes, topped off with a musical performance.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Interesting.If I watched that channel I would listen.:smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
That's too bad, I really only watch Nickelodeon... I guess I'll have to fire up that GameCube then! :wink: :big_grin: :halo:

Luke

Reaction score
3 hours? LOL! It's just a big publicity thing. From the advertising revenue they'll lose sending people over to Cartoon Network, Fox Kids and Disney for a few hours they'll regain by the truckload in goodwill from the parents who like this kinda thing and it'll pay out more in the longterm. Then as you can see they'll put a special promotional show on as soon as they are back on air packed with celebs and competitions and things to make sure all their lost viewers switch back to them.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
They should think about switching electricity off for a while to possibly get kids outside! then they would result to their game boys!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
That's too bad, I really only watch Nickelodeon... I guess I'll have to fire up that GameCube then! :wink: :big_grin:
Er, I think you're part of the problem, not the solution Rexcrk. :zany:

P

Philo and Gunge

If they really want the little nose-miners to go out and play they need to do more than black out the channel, I say run "Fist of the North Star". The first time a parent sees a head explode they'll be like "Go out and play NOW!".

Klonoa

Reaction score
Oh, Nickelodeon...a blackout...you can't do that on television!

Yeah Fist of the North Star was gross.

Did someone say GameCube...?

--Klonoa
Stupid work...must...play...Tales of Symphonia... :smile: