Nigel Plaskitt

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
As some of you will know I am currently writing a book on puppet manipulation (details of which can be found in my blog) based on a series of interviews with leading puppeteers. This week I am meeting with Nigel Plaskitt (Pipkins, Labyrinth, Spitting Image, Muppets Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Secret Life of Toys, Mopatop's Shop), and as well as the performing aspect will be speaking about his behind the scenes work (Sesame Street international productions and the new French Muppet Show).

I have plenty of questions prepared but wondered if there was anything you guys wanted to know (especially about the new French show)?

J

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Are there any plans for a U.S. Muppet Show?

Do you have any tips / pointers for practicing puppeteering?

When practicing with just a naked hand and two ping pong balls, what is your hand supposed to look like? What type of movements are the best to give the best expressions?

And the obvious - What was is like working with the Muppets?

They may be all dumb questions, but thank you very much for asking!

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Hmm, well here's a few sugguests how about asking him:

1. What was it like to come into Spitting Image (Series 2) immediately taking over the job of Leading Puppeteer?

2 Seeing as he has directed puppeteers, actors, and sometimes people doing both; What are the similarities and differences between his various directing jobs?

3. How easy or difficult did he find coaching the UK Avenue Q puppeteers (who were rather inexperienced) as opposed to when he works with his more expereinced puppeteering colleagues.

Just some ideas, if you need any...