Nightmare Before Christmas Beanies!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
WIth the Roger Rabbit fiasco burning up, and the memories of Country Bears and Peter Pan 2 scaring our minds, let us not forget the actual good things that Disney has done...since I can't think much, save Lilo and Stich, here's something you might be interrested in:

At the beginning of the month, I walked into a Disney store to look at Lilo and Stich, and Bear merchandise. I go to the rack of Bean bags and I saw... Them!!! Lovely wonderful NIghtmare Beans!!!! They had Pumpkin King Jack, Oogie Boogie, Proffessor Finklestine, the Clown with the tear away face, and the Harliquin (remember the Making Christmas musical number, he's the guy who made the hat out of this old rat). Also, to finnish off the collection of Micky Mouse dressed up like movie characters, they have Micky as Jack and Pluto as Zero (I didn't really like them two either, I'm just making conversation)They also have other Nightmare products, including an expensive collector's pin set (though I think that's only in the catalogue), small and large Snowglobes!

Just something to tide Nightmare fans over before the Kingdom Hearts action figures (one with Jack) surface in toy shops!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmmm... Either people don't like beanies, or they're trying to ignore me for some reason...

radionate

Reaction score
Actually most of the Nightmare beans have been out for awhile. I also remember the Mayor and Sally, and maybe Zero (its been awhile). I never got them, as I was lucky enough to get the entire collection of dolls and plush from Applause when the movie first came out.

I'd post pictures of the stuff, but Disneystore online won't let me, instead, here's a link to the Nightmare Stuff, if it works:

Nightmare Stuff at Disney Store

towels

Reaction score
Hey Nate...

Where's that new avatar you've been threat...erm...promising? Do we have to wait until January, when the year is up?

radionate

Reaction score
I just haven't taken the time to change it out yet. I've been sick as a dog this week, and working on two theater projects, plus my other two jobs, so I've been swamped. That and I'm not one for change, so I hate changing avatar's, but I'll get it up real soon, as it's pretty cool and fitting for me!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Actually most of the Nightmare beans have been out for awhile. I also remember the Mayor and Sally, and maybe Zero (its been awhile). I never got them, as I was lucky enough to get the entire collection of dolls and plush from Applause when the movie first came out.

e[/URL]
You don't understand...THEY'RE NEW ONES!!!!! I have the old oogie boogie and he was...well..green! This one looks more like burlap! There are other improvements, but I haven't seen new Sallys or Zeros.

radionate

Reaction score
I didn't realize these were new beans. But I know that the pumpkin king jack looks identical to the one thats been out for awhile.

I must commend the Disney Store at Halloween, they always have some really cool stuff, especially beans. I wish I had gotten the Ichabod Crane and Headless Horseman a few years ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
..and I wish I gotten the NBC beans back when the came out the first time...:mad: I only have the Oogie Boogie (since he is my favorite character). But really, Sometimes walking into one of these places can be mortifying. I boycotted the store until Monsters Inc came out because they never made any Emperor's new Groove toys (they did, eventually, just a year later). They had Winnie the Pooh dressed up like one of the 102 dalmations..EEEK!!

But this stuff is pretty cool. They actually are replicas of larger, 15" ones they had last year, which I aslo..didn't get!!!!

Everytime they release this stuff I run out of $$$$!!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Actually they did have quiet a few ENG toys when the movie first came out. Mostly plush (they had a set of beans, and larger plushes of most of the characters) as well as PVC sets, action toys, etc.

I think even Disney was shy on the Merchandise side with that movie after the merchandising fiascos of their last few movies. Too bad they didn't remember that with Atlantis.

beaker

Reaction score
During my lunch break yesterday I went to the Disneystore, and was delighted to see all those NBxmas beans...OOgie Boogie especially! However I was sad to see virtually no Bear stuff anymore(hopefully they'll have new stuff this xmas)

Now here's the funny part. When the worker asked if I was looking for anything in particulair...I said "Oh, where's your guy's Spirited Away stuff?" And she just kind of looked at me puzzled. "Spirited Away?" And I replied "Yeah, you know the new Walt Disney Pictures film out next week nation wide?"

And she goes "You sure? Havent heard of it" And I was like "You havent seen the ads? Walt Disney Pictures presents Miyazaki's newest breathtaking masterpiece, Spirited Away, the #1 grossing film in Japan of all time" "Sorry" (then I thought, well thats funny, because its animation Disney only wishes they could do...so they buy the US rights, then quietly release it with no hype. Guess theyd rather pump their cheapquels, ride movies, and sub par Don Bluth Treasure Island)