1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Nintendo announces new games at E3 with Henson puppets

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Bliffenstimmers, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

Three of the most famous faces of Nintendo in Japan and the US are portrayed by puppet caricatures (which I believe are built by JHC, the supporting characters seem to be former Henson puppets, correct me if I'm wrong) who then morph into the cast of StarFox (also puppets) to announce a new StarFox game at this year's E3.

It's a clever little thing, and it's got some fun in-jokes as well. If you haven't already seen it -- chances are you'll be seeing them any moment in your Tumblr dashboard -- here's your chance.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

There's a rumor that Kevin Clash was involved in this. No one hears his voice in this, right?

3. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

@antsamthompson9 Judging from the voice, unless the actual Nintendo people are doing the voices and not the puppeteers, I think that's Kevin Carlson doing Reggie, not Kevin Clash... he was also the puppeteer for Timmy the Tooth, Warehouse Mouse from Imagination Movers and Mr. Potato Head on the Mr. Potato Head Show.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  4. antsamthompson9

I thought Bill Barretta was the character at the beginning.

5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's the entire Nintendo E3 presentation with puppets throughout as they announce new games for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Kevin Clash was indeed there, but the only performer who speaks is Bill Barretta. Brian Henson also directed the intro, and Coleen Smith performed the blue puppet, which along with all the others were reused from That Puppet Game Show.

7. antsamthompson9

So does this mean Kevin is in fact with the Henson Company again?

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

What's the confirmation he was there?

9. antsamthompson9

To quote Steve Swanson: "There's questions I demand answers to!"

10. toadster101

toadster101 New Member

This put a huge smile on my face. They didn't announce many games this year, but what a fabulous presentation. Muppet Miyamoto is just too cute. ><

SnakeLipsXD and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  11. C to the J

C to the J Active Member

They put two of my favorite things together: Muppets and Nintendo!

12. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

I heard that he was involved with the recent auditions JHC is having. But even so, I don't think they'd make a big thing out of his returning in fear of bad press considering you-know-what.

13. antsamthompson9

I'm not believing anything until @jfiama19 comes forth and says Kevin did indeed return to the Henson Company.

14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Guys...guys... I think we're forgetting the most important thing here.

STAR FOX MUPPETS!!!

15. antsamthompson9

Kevin isn't anywhere in this video, so I'm still not convinced he was there:

MikaelaMuppet and Phillip like this.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A sad little epilogue to this Nintendo/Muppet mashup.

Satoru Iwata died over the weekend

But it was great to see him one last time doing something this fun and goofy. Let's remember him as someone willing to have a Muppet version of himself.

17. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

18. antsamthompson9

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  19. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That's good news. Maybe he'll return to play Clifford or Polly Lobster in a Muppet project at some point, maybe even on the TV show. You never know.

20. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the double post. But I guess I slipped up when I commented before watching the video, so I guess he isn't officially with the Henson company now. They just happened to sing that song while celebrating his birthday. Still that was good. Thanks for sharing.