no Sesame humans in Muppet crossovers

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody ever noticed that despite the many crossovers between the Muppet Show Muppets and the Sesame Street Muppets, none of the Sesame Street human characters have ever crossed-over with the Muppets? The closest things I can think of to having Sesame Street humans in muppet productions would be Alan Arkin making a guest appearance on The Muppet Show many years after he stoped playing Larry on Sesame Street (and I don't know if Larry would even be considered a cast membet, at least not in the same way as Susan or Gordon are), the fact that Ruth Buzzi guest starred on The Muppet Show a decade and a half before joining the cast of Sesame Street, and the fact that some of the human cast members were interviewed in the Peoples Profiles documentary on Jim Henson back in 1999.

A Muppet Family Christmas would have been a good way to have had the humans appear with the Muppets. Eespecially with Doc being in the special, the Sesame Street human cast could have interracted with Doc, not to mention Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, and other Muppets. Of course, I sometimes wonder if Doc's presence in the special was meant to be like a guest star in a Muppet Show episode.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah that would be great, But I wonder how much further that would complicate things. Then again, part of Jim's model is the more complicated the better.:wink: