Noggin is getting rid of 123 Sesame Street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Does 123 Sesame broadcast classic 60s/70s/80s episodes or is it an entirely new series?
123 Sesame Street is the first 65 episodes from the 25th season, plus some episodes from seasons 30 and beyond.

Sesame Street Unpaved was a limited selection of episodes from the first 20 seasons. Only 67 episodes from these seasons were shown.

Althouhg I don't have Noggin (and don't think I will be getting sprout anytime soon), It would be great if Noggin showed some really old nickleodeon shows, like Sallute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshmen, Pete & Pete, and even shows broadcast during the 1980s (and 1979), like Pinwheel (this should have been on Noggin when the channel began, especially since Noggin showed really old Sesame Workshop shows such as The Electric Company).

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Actually, the only season that's being shown on 123 SESAME STREET is the 2000-2001 season.

And as I said before, 123 Sesame Street is a superior show to current Sesame.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish PBS would play reruns from earlier eps like that rather than sticking with seasons 34 and 36. They showed the hurricane episodes recently. I'd like to see them go maybe a few years back and show the eps that Noggin used to show on 123.

Rosewood

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Althouhg I don't have Noggin (and don't think I will be getting sprout anytime soon), It would be great if Noggin showed some really old nickleodeon shows, like Sallute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshmen, Pete & Pete, and even shows broadcast during the 1980s (and 1979), like Pinwheel (this should have been on Noggin when the channel began, especially since Noggin showed really old Sesame Workshop shows such as The Electric Company).
I don't get noggin or sprout either (or even any of the "on demand" channels, for that matter). But what I think really stinks is that, by the time I find out these channels even exist, the material I'm looking for has usually been canceled -sometimes for over a year! I don't care who does it, but, as I have said in the past, I would do just about anything to find a channel that would be willing to air some good old SS reruns!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why.... why am I not surprised with this news one little bit? Viacom has nothing but bitter disdane for SW, since viacom bought their shares out. I mean, SS Unpaved, Square One, The Electric Company.... all were pulled off, so wasn't it natural for even the most current Ss to be pulled too.... especially since Sprout has been announced? Well, at least we have great shows, like the same rotten line up they have on Nick, and old reruns of Sabrina, Moesha, and Fresh Prince, you could see in local syndication without paying extra.