Noggin is going to give Sesame Street even less airtime

mikealan

Reaction score
Some Terrible News About Sesame Street Re-paved!!!

I've heard on the Noggin Channel that Connie the Cow will be on at 1:00 PM, and if Play With Me Sesame still airs, Sesame Street Re-paved episodes from 2000 are going to be off the air!!! Now, they're letting us watch episodes from Season 34 on PBS, which I really, REALLY hate the Season 34 shows!

Please! There's gotta be the way when the Sesame shows from 2000 would be shown!

ssetta

Reaction score
The 2000 (Season 31) shows will remain on at 9 AM. Now the 1999 (Season 30) shows MIGHT still be on at 5 AM, or, they will be replaced with another airing of Season 31. But I don't know, or really care. But don't forget, they're phasing Season 30 out now that they have Season 31.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
To me, SS and PWMS are the only 2 things worth watching on Noggin...Otherwise, the channel has no reason to exist.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
To me, SS and PWMS are the only 2 things worth watching on Noggin...Otherwise, the channel has no reason to exist.
Acactly, I mean, there's already Nick Jr., so why makje another channel with all of the NJ shows. They were originally just going to play the older ones like Franklin, Little Bear, Kipper, and etc. Now they play ones that are already seen everyday on Nick. Plus, they got rid of the 1993-1994 episodes of Sesame which I miss ALOT! Noggin now is becoming a pain in the butt.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
NOW, NOGGIN IS ONLY PLAYING PWMS ONCE A DAY! They replaced it's 11:00 timeslot with Franklin! Now, I like Franklin and everything, but I like to wake up to PWMS in the morning, and now I can't! If I want to see PWMS, I'll have to wake up at 8:00 which I can't because I'm a heavy sleeper. Oh, I'm sorry if I'm being a little self-centered, but my point is, now they're trying to get rid of one of their trademark shows in their new "Hey you guys, we're going to get rid of our Sesame programming because we're too obsessed with Nick Jr." scheme. I think we should send Noggin e-mails giving them a piece of our minds! I'm going to do that right now!

ssetta

Reaction score
Great idea!

Hey, I have a better idea!

You can call the number for Noggin, (212) 654-7077 (or it might be 7707), and ask to speak to Meeri Park, the director of programming at Noggin, and tell her how you feel about this! I loved those 1993-94 episodes, as well as Sesame Street Unpaved. What's so outdated about Season 25 (1993-94)??

Cheebo

Reaction score
"I would be surprised if PBS renews the contract for Sesame Street 2 years from now."

That would make no sense. Sesame's ratings shot up over 30% starting season 33(which was AFTER Elmo's World started) and is currently PBS's highest rated kids show why would they not renew it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pffft! Nick Jr. Sucks! There's no reason for that crap to be on Period! I mean, Maisy the Rat, Franklin and Little Bear, those shows are bland and forgettable. Who's the moron who decided to replace classic Americana with forgettable Korean animated saturday morning drivel?

ssetta

Reaction score
They have done research at Noggin, and their target audience actually likes those shows. Amazing, but true.

mikealan

Reaction score
Y'know, I believe that Noggin will get rid of everthing of Sesame Street-Play With Me Sesame and Sesame Street from 2000 real soon. Sooner, American TV will show more and more of the today's Sesame season.

WE ALL WANT MORE SESAME STREET FROM 1969-2000, MORE THE MUPPET SHOW, MORE FRAGGLE ROCK, MORE MUPPET BABIES, MORE PLAY WITH ME SESAME, MORE MUPPETS TONIGHT AND LESS OF TODAY'S SESAME STREET OF PBS!!!

I HATE SEASON 34 OF SESAME STREET!!! DO YOU?