Noggin/Unpaved changes

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
The past few weekends I've been watching Sesame Unpaved and Electric Company again - it's been awhile, since they got all moved around. Anyway, I noticed a few things:

1. They don't put commercials in the middle of these shows anymore. Hooray!

2. I think they show different 'flashback' clips in the promos before and after the shows now. I saw the Newsflash with Jack Be Nimble, and I had never seen that in the promos before.

ssetta

Reaction score
This is actually NOT good.

What it happening is, if you have noticed, Unpaved, TEC, and all that vintage programming is on a lot less than it used to be. And it looks like the next step is to completely do away with it. The thing is, it isn't part of Noggin or The N, and that's why they're phasing it out. It will probably stay where it is for about another year or 2 before it gets completely taken off the schedule. And did you ever sign that petition? If not, it's at this link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/s2w3e/petition.html

It currently has 108 signatures. The number hasn't gone up for days. Please help keep Sesame Street Unpaved!

Niall

Reaction score
Re: This is actually NOT good.

Originally posted by ssetta
[BAnd did you ever sign that petition...
(snip)
It currently has 108 signatures. The number hasn't gone up for days. Please help keep Sesame Street Unpaved! [/B]
OK sseta, don't you think it's time you threw in the towel with this petition thing? Does the fact that the number of signatures have stayed at 108 for the last while not tell you anything? Chances are anyone who knows and cares about this has already signed it. (myself included) It's great that you've taken initiative and made the effort, but now you should really seriously consider the fact that this petition isn't going to work and that you're fighting a losing battle. This is a bitter pill to swallow, but you're just going to become more and more frustrated and disappointed if you keep this up. Let's face it: Noggin's showing of Classic SS was great while it lasted, and it was a once in a lifetime thing and probably wont happen again. At least not for a long time anyway.

Ernie101

Reaction score
No sseta dont give up put your mind to it and do it do it do it

ssetta

Reaction score
How about if I started a new petition for a CTW channel? Would that help? Would people sign it?

juliette

Reaction score
No, ssetta, I would not sign a petition for a CTW channel because that is totally unrealistic.

I think that asking Noggin to keep Unpaved right where it is right now, is fine. I think that asking Nickelodeon to do a deal where Unpaved plays on Nick At Night occasionally is also feasible (Nickelodeon owns Noggin now).

However, it seems like a waste of everyone's time to create a petition for something that honestly isn't going to happen.

ssetta

Reaction score
Will you please stop being so negative!

It's not unrealistic. It wasn't even my idea. It was actually someone at Sesame Workshop who thought of it. They could do it, but it would take some time. That's what usually happens with old reruns. When they get taken off of one channel, they get moved onto something else. You're right, they could put Unpaved on Nick At Nite or TV Land once in awhile. Maybe during the day, TV Land could actually have vintage shows for preschoolers.

And also, who ever thought Noggin would come on in the first place, and pick up all those vintage shows? Because Nickelodeon acquired Noggin from Sesame Workshop, Sesame Workshop technically doesn't have a channel. That would be the reason for them having their own channel. I'm not trying to make you do anything, I'm just being truthful.