1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

This week is supposed to be really nice in fact. You see, I do not like winter but I do love it when it get wicked gorgeous out.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

We unnecessarily set a record high today of 78 degrees in February, this has never happened before. :grouchy:

3. D'Snowth

Uhhh . . . it's . . . already in the 90s today . . . which . . . I . . . I can't remember the last time it already jumped into the 90s this early in the year. . . . We're accordingly fifteen degrees above average again now.

What is going on? I thought Trump signed that Executive Order that said Climate Change doesn't exist anymore? Did he lie to us again? :p

4. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Can't blame Trump for Climate Change. It's 95 degrees up here too.
    Bound to happen. It was below average all spring, so now we're getting a taste of summer.

I stopped worrying about the weather long ago.
    You might not like it, but you have no power to change it, so why worry?

5. D'Snowth

It was a joke. :p
    Not here it wasn't. Matter of fact, we were above average for a majority of the month of April - I can't remember a warmer Easter.

Really, we were only below average for the first week of May. March is always an unpredictable month for us, but it was very pleasant this year: it made up for the above average spurts we had in January and February.

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Visiting Washington DC today. It was in the middle 90s, which is especially unpleasant when you have to walk to get anywhere.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

D.C. has been aggrivating me lately . . . they're usually always warmer than we are, and that's something that's been going on for years, but there's been a lot of occasions within the last couple of years where they'll be far cooler than us for whatever reason.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

In NH here, it was really hot. The balls of my feet are really hurting me at the moment from wearing memory foam high heels. Guess that they were really uncomfortable to walk in according to my mother.

9. D'Snowth

:sigh:

Things were going so well up until today: we were actually below average all June long - not only is something like this rare, but we haven't had such a June (let alone such a summer) in about eleven or twelve years, I'm not exaggerating! Not only that, but the below average streak had continued into the first week of July as well: this is the longest streak of below average conditions and temps in summer we've had since, well, Climate Change made our summers even hotter, which, again, has been about eleven or twelve years; while mostly in the 80s, we've even had a few random days here and there where it was in the 70s - it's all been so swell.

But, alas, the streak has been broken, the fun is over, and the actual summer-like temps had to remind us that they still exist - I guess it had to jump up into the 90s eventually.

At least we had summer suffering reduced by almost half the amount of time - too bad the streak continue for at least another week and reduce it by an even half.

But I'm really scared about September since, once again, they're forecasting/predicting another above average September again this year, which will be the fourth year in a row, and last year was the worst . . . matter of fact, it keeps getting worse and worse each year . . . so, does that mean September will be entirely canceled this year? Will we go from August to another August then skip to October? I hope not!

10. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

My area sometimes gets bombarded by the humidity, and it gets super gross in July and August, and even into October! It's not too bad, per se, but having to go out in it . . . . blecccchhhhh!

11. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Where I live, it's supposed to get up to 88° today. Thank goodness our duplex has air conditioning, or else we'd be miserable right now. The house we used to live at had no AC, and it could get awfuly muggy in Summer. So, of course, we had to rely on fans (both standing and ceiling) and open windows to keep us cool.
    But, anyway, GIVE ME MILD AND COMFY 60° WEATHER ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!

Sylinde Bren likes this.
  12. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I'm very thankful that we're getting temps in the upper 90s, down from the 110s from the last couple of weeks. I credit the monsoon storms we've been getting this week. :)

13. D'Snowth

90s are still horrific. :p

14. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

You making fun of my home town? :grr:
    No, I'm kidding, but seriously, DC and it's suburbs have been really yucko lately, I'll tell ya that!

15. D'Snowth

:sigh: We were supposed to get some relief from the heat starting tomorrow, but now that's being delayed till the weekend, so yet another week of heat. :rolleyes:

16. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Active Member

...May I join your "I Hate The Heat" club, Snowth?

Summer is my least favourite season, because of all the heat and humidity. I would rather freeze and have to put on a sweater than to feel like I'm being boiled alive... Not to mention the summer migraines I'm prone to.

Autumn, "the year's last loveliest smile," is partly my favourite just for the cool weather and playful breezes. My friends and family think I'm crazy for not liking the heat, to the point where they say I'm part polar bear, LOL.

I would love to live where it never goes above 60°.

muppetgem and D'Snowth like this.
  17. D'Snowth

Sylinde, you and I sound like kindred spirits - you're speaking my mind, those are all my exact sentiments: summer is also my least favorite season because of the heat and humidity (and the bugs and the glaring sun); fall, to me, seems more like "the beginning of new life" to me than spring does, because fall feels like you're born again after spending three months in sweltering limbo, not mention fall begins the holiday season as well; winter is my favorite, the air is crisp and refreshing, the ambience is peaceful and tranquil, you can see more of the world around you because of lack of foliage, and I too would rather be comfortably snug in a sweater than sweating all over the place; spring I can tolerate if it's a cool spring, which is usually 50/50, but once the weather starts getting warmer, bees and wasp start coming out, and foliage turns a sickening shade of lime green, then it's less tolerable.

Sylinde Bren likes this.
  18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

UGH. It was 94 degrees earlier today and was supposed to get cooler, but instead it just went up to 99 degrees. Seriously, I wouldn't mind the heat so much if I had autumn to look forward to, but every season now is slowly morphing into summer. There's no guarantee i'll ever have more than a few cold days each year anymore. :grouchy:

D'Snowth likes this.
  19. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Active Member

Yes! I can't believe I forgot to mention my hatred for bugs and the intense sunlight. You know, I would almost think bugs hate the summer heat too, with the way they're always rushing into the house when I open the door. :p And the garish sun... Yech. Just let me hibernate in the dark igloo that is my refrigerator and let me know when it's autumn.

Early spring I've always preferred over late spring, for the very same reason. Once it gets overly hot and the bees come out full-force, usually by late April-early May in my area, I've had it. Though I do like all of the flowers that blossom later on like the lilac and azalea...

Winter is indeed beautiful. I adore standing outside while it snows and looking up into the sky, snowflakes landing gently on my face and eyelashes. Everything is so quiet then, especially at night when one can almost hear the soft sound of snowflakes landing atop one another. But, for me, starting in mid-January, I begin to get a little restless for colour and yearn for flowers to show their joyous faces once more.

However, for now, as we all languish in the summer heat, perhaps this would be helpful?

20. D'Snowth

Wowie, wow-wow-wow! It dropped down into the 70s today, which is really, really, really, really, really, really, really odd for this time of year! It's rare that we fall so below average so late in the summer! Matter of fact, it's looking as though the rest of August may actually be pleasant for a change this year, which is also really odd, because August is usually one of our killer months as far as heat goes.

But I'm still really, really scared that September will, once again, be above average this year. Weather Channel is forecasting an average fall for us this year, but this is after they previously forecasted that September would, indeed, be above average again this year . . . it's like their projected seasonal outlook always changes month after month, so I never know what to expect. I will say that a summer that's been a majority below average this year, for once, is a welcome change of pace after the above average winter and spring that came before it.