None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I certainly hope all you people who are always constantly whining and crying about how cold weather ruins your fragile existence, and turns your delicate lives upside down are happy: the news has reported that Global Warming is finally starting to show it's face with these recent excessive heatwaves arriving earlier and earlier every year, and in the next thirty years or so, climate and conditions like these will be the new normal, and no longer considered "extreme".

Makes you wish you listened to Al Gore sooner, doesn't it?

beaker

Reaction score
Well, I certainly hope all you people who are always constantly whining and crying about how cold weather ruins your fragile existence, and turns your delicate lives upside down are happy: the news has reported that Global Warming is finally starting to show it's face with these recent excessive heatwaves arriving earlier and earlier every year, and in the next thirty years or so, climate and conditions like these will be the new normal, and no longer considered "extreme".

Wait, I thought it was "climate change" instead of global warming now, some even say global cooling. Not sure what to know anymore, other than the earth seems to be going through some crazy waves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Climate change is the result of Global Warming, and again, all these tornadoes, floods, wildfires, etc we've been seeing this year? In the next thirty years, all that will be normal for us, and if that's going to be the new "normal", I'd hate to see what the new "extreme" is going to be like. :eek:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I for one am getting the heck out of the desert as soon as possible. The American Southwest will be uninhabitable in 2o years, if not sooner. Summer's getting longer and hotter and dryer every year for the last 10.
On the other hand, climate change models suggest the Gulf Stream will shift south away from Britain and Europe and Canada...so the cold-lover in me could always head out thattaway!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aww poop...

We were supposed to have like a week of relief this week, but we ended up with only three days, because another high-pressure system that formed in Texas has moved our way, so now we're in our second official heat-wave of the summer, and it looks to be hanging around for quite a while. :frown:

But man yesterday was pretty awesome, we had a bunch of rain and such come through, and it dropped down to 65 in June in summer, which was wonderful!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After about a week or so of "relief" (mid 80s and low humidity... better than nothin'), the heat is back with avengance: low 90s, the humidity on the rise, I'm having trouble keeping cool today, even my spray bottle isn't helping much today for some reason.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today must be the hottest day of the year so far... the weather said 92 was the high today, but it must have gotten higher than that; I've got the AC on, and the theromstat's reading 75 in my home, and it's set to 61... somebody;s not gonna be able to sleep tonight.

I so cannot wait for fall and winter to get here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang...

It's 110 today, and gonna be again tomorrow. :eek:

Nick22

Reaction score
Today was way too hot.....eh. And I'm a sweater! Wait...:laugh:....not like the clothing article, but a sweater as in sweating. A lot. All the dang time....eh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No foolin'... 110 again today, the second you step outside, you break out into a sweat. :attitude: