1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Then I invite everyone to come to Noo Joisey for the rest of the week.

The highest it's been all week was 75 degrees. Yes, you heard me right, 75 degrees.
    No humidity, nice breeze. People are hitting the shore, which is fine and dandy, but the water is still freezing. For mid-June, weather conditions like this are unheard-of.

Global warming, my a$$!

2. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Up here, it's supposed to get up to 95 - 100 degrees this Sunday. :grouchy: At least our duplex has air conditioning.

3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

In Michigan??? :eek::eek::eek:

That's weird. It still hasn't been that hot down here!

4. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Well I mean, Michigan is known for its bipolar weather.

5. Froggy Fool

So is Georgia. A few years ago there was this day where in the morning it was 45 degrees. That afternoon it got up to 84, I kid you not.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That's why it's called "Climate Change" now, because "Global Warming" is actually a bit of a misleading term, because Climage Change doesn't necessarily always entail warming temperatures, it can also apply to other meterological and atmospheric phenomena, such as an increase in extreme and severe storms during spring and summer (bigger, more destructive hurricanes or tornadoes and such), and even more intense and frigid blizzards and snowstorms in winter (even Florida had traces of snow in the winter of 2010-11).

That being said, today was day three of what's apparently a four-day stretch of below average conditions, then starting Friday, we're back into the 90s, and it looks like we'll stay there for the rest of the month . . . I was thinking about wearing my I Was Raised On The Street t-shirt again to see Steve Whitmire, while also bringing along my new Mario and Luigi shirt to see Charles Martinet at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo at the end of the month, but it's still in the 90s then, forget it - they're both heavyweight t-shirts that are dark brown and black . . . not exactly heat-friendly colors to wear.

fuzzygobo likes this.
  7. fuzzygobo

"I was raised on the street"? I got the exact same shirt! 8)

Froggy Fool and D'Snowth like this.
  8. D'Snowth

It's what I wore when I met the SS cast back in October.
    [​IMG]
    Like I said, I was also considering wearing it again for Steve Whitmire, but if the weather say otherwise, I'm not gonna kill myself - the parking garage is a couple of blocks from the convention center, not to mention the convention center doesn't have very adequate air conditioning, I'll probably already be hot, sweaty, and overly pink (as you can see in this pic) as it is.

9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Nice photo! :)

10. fuzzygobo

You know what's neat? I met Carroll on three different occasions, and he always wears something with a little green in it. Even if it's hot out, he'll still have his green suede jacket with him.

11. D'Snowth

And it was hot that day, no exception. It's not uncommon for it to be a little above average and still warm in early October.

12. D'Snowth

Well, here we are: back in the 90s, and it's apparently going to stay that way for the rest of the month. Man, this blows!

13. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

But but but - da 90's are all dat! :p

14. Froggy Fool

Ugh, so - "good news" --- the AC in my room is broken. I don't know why or how, but it is. And the worst part about it - the actual temperature in my room is 87 degrees. I might as well sleep outside, it'd definitely be cooler. :rolleyes: :smirk:

15. LittleJerry92

I mean.... You do have that option...

Froggy Fool likes this.
  16. Froggy Fool

LOL. I mean, I do own a tent.... :search::search:

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  17. LittleJerry92

18. D'Snowth

I feel your pain. Ten years ago we were living in an old apartment, and my bedroom was essentially an attic, and as you know, heat rises, so my room was bottling up all the heat: since the apartment was really old, the air conditioning was inadequate - the super didn't allow window units, but said we could have a portable unit, so we got one for my room, and after installing it and turning it on for the first time, it too read the room temperature as being well into the 80s.

19. LittleJerry92

Dude, my room gets hot no matter the season. :shifty:

20. D'Snowth

My room actually gets a tad stuffy in the morning in winter, but that's because my room faces the morning sun, and the trees are bare so they're not blocking the sun. I have black-out curtains, that helps to a degree. I also leave my vents completely uncovered: I find the airflow is stronger and more powerful than blowing through open vent covers.