1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

But does it top off New England weather?

Well? Does it, Kylie? Does it????

2. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I've never been to New England, but I'd say so.

3. LittleJerry92

What'd I tell ya?

New England is the winner.

4. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

No, I meant that yes, Michigan does top New England.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

95 degrees today, and yet I've seen people out in long-sleeved henleys, sweatshirts, hoodies, and even a jacket zipped all the way up.

6. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Well-Known Member

It was 92 degrees today, and at the flea market I saw people in long pants and long-sleeved sweaters, whereas I was sweating in my flouncy lightweight skirt and tank top. :sigh:

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

Grff.... I'm dying just READING that...

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Yesterday was 83 degrees and it felt really hotter than that.

9. D'Snowth

Mid-90s . . . what are people doing getting out running, jogging, and biking in this heat?!

10. D'Snowth

Well, thankfully we're getting two - maybe three - days of relief from the 80s . . . unfortunately, even though the temps were down today, we had a bunch of rain earlier today, so that brought up the humidity: stepping outside with my glasses fogging up was liking stepping out into London. :p

And you know what? The local weather people are saying this is actually seasonal for this time of year. Really? It is? Because, uh, it seems like 90s are seasonable for June (also July and August) anymore . . . has been for pretty much all of my (so far) adult life).

11. D'Snowth

We've been having quite a bit of rain and storms lately, and while that's been helping to keep the temps down, thankfully, at the same time, that's usually a bad sign. . . .

I've come to notice that anymore, if June is particularly wet and prescipitous, that usually means the rest of the summer will be dry and arid . . . and that's when we need the rain the most. :smirk:

Still wish the drop in temps could last through the weekend so I can wear my I Was Raised On The Street t-shirt to see Steve Whitmire (and also change into my Mario and Luigi shirt if I take a moment to see Charles Martinet).

12. LittleJerry92

We also had some pretty bad thunder a few nights ago.

Actually, last year it was constantly raining during the summer. Which I liked.

13. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Word just got in that NH is getting ANOTHER heat wave starting on Friday, but at least thunder will be happening tomorrow.

14. D'Snowth

Well, the 90s are back once again, and it appears they're here to stay.

What can we do? It's that time of year.

15. LittleJerry92

Hope everyone enjoys being an all you can eat buffets for the insects.

MikaelaMuppet and D'Snowth like this.
  16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

It has consistently been in the 90s+, and it's been really humid every day. Every week we'll have one day when it's cloudy, and then it rains the next day, and then it goes back to being hot and sunny right after that.

17. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

I hate the heat.

I hate the cold.

I hate everything come to think of it.

18. D'Snowth

Oh sure, now it drops back down below the 90s again now that I don't have to be out in it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. LittleJerry92

Sucks to be Snowth.

Froggy Fool and Old Thunder like this.
  20. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

This should be a sitcom.