None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I just hope we can get some relief soon. We got some cloud cover and wind and some sprinkling which cooled things off a little. But the fires here are just terrible and the hot weather's not helping.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I think it's supposed to be around 90 tomorrow, and around 95 on Thursday, at least for Champaign, IL.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now they've changed the story, they're saying it's NOT La Nina we're having this year, but another El Nino, which does generally cause above average temperatures for summer through fall (like last year).

However, there does look to be SOME perk, for this corner of the country anyway: apparently August (which is usually our hottest month) is going to have sort of a repeat of what we saw back in the beginning of June with below average temperatures. Unfortunately, we're looking at a July of above average temperatures before that (and a September of above average afterwards). I just hope we don't have a repeat of last winter where we had NO winter at all... that was just plain said.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I just got a special weather statement from NOAA regarding tomorrow's temps in my area. It's supposed to be over 100 degrees out, so they've issued an excessive heat warning for my area until tomorrow evening. I'm sure that if it continues, I'll be alerted.

Hubert

Reaction score
Seems that there's a heat wave going around the U.S.

It's about 95 where I am, it seems that I'm just missing much worse around me.

Slackbot

Reaction score
99 degrees in Atlanta right now. It's supposed to get up to 105. And I have to walk 3/4 of a mile home from the bus stop. This was not a good day to wear black.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I think our low & high temperatures (at least until Thursday or Friday) are a bit too much for me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today was NOT a good day to get ice cream.\

I mean today was a good day for some ice cream, but not a good day to actually get ice cream, because it was so hot (106F, 41C), the ice cream was literally melting faster than you could eat it.