1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I wish it was just Fall eternally.

LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^

Dude, I'd bake you some cookies if I could.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If it was late fall, as in chilly enough to break out the sweaters by day and jammies by night, then yes, I would go along with that.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  4. LittleJerry92

Oh please. You just wish you could watch Ernie and Bert under the influence every night with those pills. ;)

D'Snowth and Froggy Fool like this.
  5. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

100% this! I wish i could like this 1000000 times! ;)

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  6. D'Snowth

At least, we're back to normal now. Maybe even better, looks like Monday is only going to be in the mid-70s.

7. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Nonstop rain in my area since Friday until like Tuesday; cool breeze is beautiful.

8. D'Snowth

Well, frog! Thanks to Florence, we jumped back up into the 90s for the next two days! This has officially become the second-worst September I can ever remember.

9. D'Snowth

Frog! Today's didn't just feel like August . . . it felt like July! What made it worse was the weather forecast said there would be absolutely no rain today, that it was going to be sunny all day . . . then guess what happened? After a hiccup of rain, the sun immediately came back out afterwards, and that just made it worse!

So, yeah, like I said, as of now, the official list of worst Septembers in recent times:
    1. September 2016 (Nearly an entire month lost to extended August heat)
    2. September 2018 (For all intents and purposes, a week and a half)
    3. September 2015 (An entire week)
    4. September 2014 (Two days)

10. LittleJerry92

Fall and October have the unfortunate status of being cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon for like the first three weeks.

11. D'Snowth

Now it's looking like this unseasonably hot trend wants to not only stick around for an extra day tomorrow, but it also looks like it wants to return again for another couple of days next week as well . . . yep, this has officially become the second-worst September ever.

And you know what? I'm just gonna go ahead and call it: I bet that we'll have another unseasonably warm Christmas again this year - 60s or maybe even 70s . . . and I'm sure that, once again, the last week of February will be canceled for an extra week of March like the last two years.

12. D'Snowth

Okay, thankfully it didn't last another day again today. I mean, it's still hot, but not 90s hot. The wind has picked up, so that helps a little, but we need more cloud cover, because that helps even more.

13. D'Snowth

[​IMG]
    90s are back again for another three days! I'm getting sick of this $#!+!

14. LittleJerry92

It's been pretty cool down here this week.

15. D'Snowth

Thing of it is, there's no real reason for the jump in temps again . . . I mean, Florence is over, there's no other tropical disturbance making its way inward right now. This is just . . . another example of Climate Change.