1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Cold.

But, hey. It’s New England.

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It was 0 degrees here just the other day as a matter of fact actually.

3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, it's 74 degrees in Georgia... :rolleyes:

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

After today, we're looking at a week of 60s (and possibly 70s) ahead of us . . . spring has never arrived this early before! And I thought last year it being spring-like before Valentine's Day was the earliest spring had ever arrived, but this takes the cake!

And they forecasted that February (as well as March and April) would be way below average this year, which once again goes to prove everytime they predict a below average month or season, they're always wrong (last May was a big indication of that).

5. MikaelaMuppet

Next week is going to be close to 50 degrees!

Blue Frackle likes this.
  6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying that the brutal winter was concentrated into like two days; I can handle 20 degrees.

7. D'Snowth

At least that's seasonable (at least, it is where I'm from).

8. MikaelaMuppet

My dad heard that it was going to be 60 degrees.

9. D'Snowth

That's not.

10. MikaelaMuppet

Then I'll believe my mom when she said close to 50 degrees.

11. D'Snowth

Spring has never been this early before! I swear, it keeps coming earlier and earlier, and lasting longer and longer every year . . . but sure, let's all continue to dismiss Climate Change as a "liberal hoax."

I can't believe I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts in early February.

And what sucks is that anymore, it's always my favorite months that get screwed over like this: September, December, February. . . . Hopefully, we'll be back to normal by the weekend, but still.

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s been getting pretty warmer down here in New England this week.

13. D'Snowth

Welp, we just broke a record today. The high today was 77 degrees. In early February. :grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

14. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

It was 80 here, plus the sun came out so it felt like 83. :rolleyes::grr:

15. D'Snowth

We had patchy sunshine today, mainly because we had some really strong wind gusts, so a lot of passing clouds were being blown throughout the day.

16. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Last Thursday was below 0, Monday was above 60, today we're back in the 20s...

17. D'Snowth

Apparently it's going to keep yo-yo'ing between seasonal 50s and more spring-like 60s for the next couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

18. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Ughh, I'd do anything to be in that weather right now. Can we switch states for about two weeks?

Blue Frackle likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

Cool with me.

Blue Frackle and ConsummateVs like this.
  20. D'Snowth

Well, this is very weird: it still looks like March outside, what with all the green everywhere, and trees and flowers blooming and everything . . . but it actually feels more like January . . . highly unusual, but hey, I can dig it!

In other news, my state just set the record for the wettest winter ever, and in fact, ours was the wettest state in the lower 48 this past winter, period.