Not Easy Bein' Green-Other Considerations on CD

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yep, now on CD "It's Not Easy Bein' Green, and Other Things to Consider."

Read by John Lithgow, Whoopi Goldberg and Jerry Nelson, with an introduction by Cheryl Henson. Features the songs Rainbow Connection and Bein' Green sung by Jim Henson.

Found this at Bookstar for $18.00.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi gang.

I've been listening to the CD, and it's even more inspirational than the book! Cheryl discussing her father, John and Whoopi reading quotes (Whoopi reads the lyrics for Bein' Green and it's fantastic), and Jerry reads quotes by characters.

The segments between the readings (to break up the monotony of the reading) sounds like Floyd Pepper doing some scat-singing with some different instruments behind him.

When Jerry reads the words to Imagination by Ernie, he almost sounds like Robin, which I loved!

Do yourself a favor and, as an accompaniment to the book, buy the CD.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I may do that. I really enjoyed the book--it was funny and touching. I'd love to hear the CD, especially given your description of it.

zns

Reaction score
Sounds really good. I asked for both the book and the CD for christmas, so I look forward to having them both. This is by far one of the best books that talks about Jim and his characters.:smile: :sympathy: :stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ah man! I would've asked for this for Christmas if I'd known about it before!

Phooey, maybe someone will give me 'da monies for Christmas?

:smile:
Anthony

Erine81981

Reaction score
I bought the cd off ebay and loved it so much. It's cool to hear all them read this book. Get it if you see it. It's a neat little cd to have to your collection.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Does anyone know what retailers are carrying the CD? If not, I'll have to buy it off the internet and it's much faster to buy at a store...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This was an awesome CD!! You definitely want to get it!

Having heard Jerry Nelson on there performing the quotes for Gobo, and having Floyd read off the quotes from EM Band songs, I was wondering then: Why not have Steve on there quoting Kermit's lines, or make his voice deeper as Kermit to do the Jim quotes?? Even the lines from the movies--take the clips and add to the cd?

Money was a contender in that decision, I'm sure; but, it's great like it is for sure, and I'm happy as heck to hear Jerry's voice on this recording! It's a CD I definitely will treasure forever.

You'll learn to appreciate Jim Henson more, too, because of that quiet genious you always hear about, and how deep his thoughts were about friendships, work, love, and the world! You'll have a new respect for everyone and a new outlook on life once you hear this CD and hear some of his quotes.

I think the outline for a good life is in the words of Jim Henson (sorry if this suddenly sounds religious, gang), and it's in the passages of this little book. I suggest getting it, reading it, hearing it on the CD, and learning from it.

So many great things to take with you as you go into the world and live your life!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**hugs** I think it's really great that you found the cd so inspiring. I have the book which I greatly love, so hearing someone rave about the CD is good. ^^
I found online (when the book first came out) the site for the book-on-cd, and you could listen to clips. I've saved them onto my compy.
http://www.hyperionbooks.com/titlepage.asp?ISBN=1401302424
There are two links where you can listen. Hearing the quotes read sounds really nice.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link. I hope everyone will bless themselves with this recording! :smile: