Not so funny, not so cute...

superfan

Reaction score
I was just inspired to start this thread.
(if it's been done before, forgive me...)

What on Sesame Street scared you as a child ..or at least made you hide behind the furniture only to peer out over the top periodically til it was over..

For myself, there was this live action sketch about the ocean. The camera pans over the beach heads towards the waves...and then underwater shots of all these sea anenomes flailing their tentacles around...and this singer with a deep voice singing in french in this awful up and down melody thing. Mom said I would run into the kitchen screaming. One day she says, "Don't worry, they won't show it anymore." And I haven't seen it since.

Looking forward to hearing what your stories are!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
superfan said:
I was just inspired to start this thread.
(if it's been done before, forgive me...)

What on Sesame Street scared you as a child ..or at least made you hide behind the furniture only to peer out over the top periodically til it was over..

For myself, there was this live action sketch about the ocean. The camera pans over the beach heads towards the waves...and then underwater shots of all these sea anenomes flailing their tentacles around...and this singer with a deep voice singing in french in this awful up and down melody thing. Mom said I would run into the kitchen screaming. One day she says, "Don't worry, they won't show it anymore." And I haven't seen it since.

Looking forward to hearing what your stories are!
well it might if not been so funny at the time but you must look back now and laugh about it. their were a few of those i saw as well.