Note to mikebennidict

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Mike:

Please stop bossing people around on this forum.

Gets on everyone's nerves.

If you encounter something that displeases you on a topic, just move on.

Thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate to agree, but I agree. Mike, you DO tend to be a littel bossy, and kinda "cocky".

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Er, I know some people just don't get along, but I'm not sure this is the best way to handle it. Maybe a PM would be better, Mike's got feelings too. Be an example, don't make someone into one, y'know? Just a thought and a stern warning that this had better NOT turn into a hate thread, and it's already running dangerously close.

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh, don't be so dramatic. This isn't close to being a "hate thread". You do have a point in that he could have had a more discrete first warning. Maybe they just didn't think a PM as an option. We all know that if we have a problem to try and solve it rashionally and if nothing works, talk to the moderators.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well maybe some things i'm off about. maybe 1 of a few post drifts are nothing big but if it's constant I'm going to make my voice heard especially this garbage of E&B being gay. if they are the SS workshop would say something about it. and that 1 post here witch some posts drifted into being gay and other things about the topic are inappropriete in this section let alone the thread itself and each time that happenes I'm going to complain about it whether anyone here likes it or not. or unless I'm told by the moderators not to. don't know why they allow you to go so off topic with that post talking about gay issues. and 1 to even think E&B are gay are stupid. this section is to talk about Classic SS not such a topic.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
well maybe some things i'm off about. maybe 1 of a few post drifts are nothing big but if it's constant I'm going to make my voice heard especially this garbage of E&B being gay. if they are the SS workshop would say something about it. and that 1 post here witch some posts drifted into being gay and other things about the topic are inappropriete in this section let alone the thread itself and each time that happenes I'm going to complain about it whether anyone here likes it or not. or unless I'm told by the moderators not to. don't know why they allow you to go so off topic with that post talking about gay issues. and 1 to even think E&B are gay are stupid. this section is to talk about Classic SS not such a topic.
Mike, it's not just about the myth of Ernie and Bert being gay. You complain about something different every day and look like you just want an excuse to get angry. Recently, you attacked someone for absolutely no reason and you seem to have a way of constantly taking offense without cause. The most inappropriate messages on here have been from you.

BEAR

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:

Listen, I agree with you in that I am also disgusted by accusations that they must be gay. Its silly. But it isn't only that. There's more to it that people are bothered by in your posts.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Mike, you have said something rude to me more than once.. However I am not here to hate.. and I don't think anything is wrong with this thread if it is moved to Friends and Family. I think there are certain ways this can be handled and I think it needs to be addressed.

Mike, you need to realize that what YOU think is stupid, may not be to another person. People are entitled to their OWN opinions. Just state your opinions in a more rational and calm way.. and maybe you will get a better response from people. It is alright to be arguementative, however don't let it get out of control.

Thank you for your time.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My two cents

I have to agree. As this is an open forum, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and have the right to voice them. However one has to choose their words carefully or you might end up alienating a lot of people.

I agree that the whole myth of Ernie and Bert being gay has been blown out of proportion, there is very little (if any) means to justify it, and I wish the people who started the unfounded rumors in the first place had better things to do with their time. But to dismiss it all as "stupid" just lowers yourself to their level, and unfortunately won't give much credibility to any opinion you may have against it.

True, some people may get off-topic and conversations can drift from what the original point was. This is quite natural if you have a group of people having a real-time verbal conversation, but in the structure of a forum like this, it's not an easy thing to control or enforce. If someone gets completely out of line or extremely offensive, leave it to the moderator to do his job. That's what he's there for. Otherwise, go with the flow.

Sometimes a new person may jump in with a subject that may have been posted on another thread already. They shouldn't be taken to task just because someone posted a thread about the subject somewhere else. This message board is quite expansive and somebody new may not have a reference point to start from. If the subject was important enough to them to start a post about it, it shouldn't be dismissed just because someone beat them to it.

You've mentioned a number of skits (such as Ernie talking to the viewers, asking them "why were you feeling so sad?") as being "weird". That's your opinion, you're entitled to express that, and nobody will deny you that.
But part of whatever it is you may find "weird" is what makes Sesame Street so special and unique in the first place, and why it's so dear to so many to this day. If that intangible "weirdness" factor didn't exist, I think Sesame Street would be a very boring place. And what could be "weird" to you could be absolutely beautiful to somebody else. To each his own.

Not to split hairs here. You do sound like a fairly intelligent person who obviously cares a lot about Sesame Street- I think we all do, otherwise we wouldn't come to this board in the first place. But a little neatness in spelling and grammar can't hurt. If you have a strong point to make, don't undermine your point by mispelled words and weak sentence structure. Think of it this way- would you post a resume with grammatical errors? Other members on this board may agree, but your grammar and spelling could be your worst enemy.

I remember your posts from YesterdayLand. If you don't want people feeling like you rubbed them the wrong way, take a little bit of my advice. The whole point of this forum, just like Sesame Street, is to bring people together, not to push people away. With a little effort, not just from you but on everybody's part, we can live up to the ideals those good folks at CTW established back in 1969. How about it?

I've said my piece. Now I have peace. Thank you.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Well said, fuzzygobo. I love peacemakers.

I have to agree with most of what has been said. Mike, you've said things that could be taken as nasty to me and others many times. Often, you seem hostile and angry. If you've got some problems in life, I'd be happy to help you out. But if nothing's going on, I'd appreciate it if you began to treat people here a little better. As fuzzygobo said, you obviously really like SS, and I've heard you make a few very good points in the past. But many people here would appreciate it if you "toned down" (so to speak) and became a little friendler.

TA

Status
Not open for further replies.