Noticed something about Zoot's closings

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back in the 1980s when Henson purchased the rights to The Muppet Show, they had to replace the endings with Zoot because the ATV logo appeared. But it makes me wonder, why didn't they have a copy without the logo? I would think that they had copies of the closing without credits (so they could be different in each episode). I'm sure they still had credits-free copies of at least the second season theme when the It's the Muppets videos were released, as those had the season two theme but had credited Louise Gold, Steve Whitmire, and Kathy Mullen (the later two joined after season two while Gold wasn't credited in season two).

David French

Reaction score
Louise Gold *was* credited for the second season episodes she did, albeit only in the domestic UK versions.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Louise Gold *was* credited for the second season episodes she did, albeit only in the domestic UK versions.
I knew that, but I was just saying that the "It's the Muppets!" videos couldn't have just reused a closing from an actual episode, because of some of the performers credited, and the credits were presented like they were in the US broadcasts.