November movie DVD's will be in widescreen

MuppetCrazy

Reaction score
I STUMBLED ACROSS THIS ON AMAZON TODAY REGARDING THE SPECIAL EDITION MUPPET MOVIES COMING NOVEMBER!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ATQYTW/104-1801918-7487938

All Customer Reviews

Average Customer Review:

Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.

Not Fullscreen Only!, August 24, 2005
Reviewer: B. Weeks "blueoktober" - See all my reviews

The Digital Bits have just confirmed with Disney that both Full and Widescreen will be on each disc. This includes all 4 re-releases.

The Great Muppet Caper is the best Muppet movie ever and everyone should be thrilled about this release.

YYYYEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!, August 24, 2005
Reviewer: S. Ellis "drummerman727" (Overland Park, Kansas United States) -See all my reviews

There was an error in the press release about these movies. They will be in both WIDESCREEN and Full Frame formats :smile:

An email I eceived from Disney...

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding MUPPETS DVDs. We appreciate your interest.

In celebration of Kermit's 50th Anniversary, THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL, THE MUPPET MOVIE, THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER, and MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND will be released on Disney DVD. These titles will be released in both Widescreen and Fullframe formats and are tentatively scheduled to be released on November 29, 2005.

Please visit our website at www.disneyvideos.com for further details."

HOPE THIS HELPS ALLEVIATE SOME CONCERNS!!!!! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Disney Cust. Services responded to my email saying they would also be in Widescreen.

I love it when folks finally decide to shut us up by giving in! LOL!!

Ozzel

Reaction score
Yes, I was very relieved when I heard the news. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i find this to be a great day for muppet fans. Do you realize what yall have done. If this really wasnt a misstake and they where going to origanly not have widescreen. Well if that is the case we muppet fans took a stand and made them change it. Even if it was a mistake it really shows Disney that we will not let you miss handle the muppets. at least without some sort of fight. I really thank everyone did a great job in getting the message across to Disney and i think they know we mean bussnes. The Muppets and JHC where really fan based and i loved that about them now with Desny they better understand and gett to liking us telling them what we think and want. so all im saying is Good Job everyone We muppet fans are not dead. and we arnt going to let the muppet just do anything.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just checked my e-mail and got a "DVD's will not be in widescreen" warning from the site, and I almost had a heart attack... brought on by anger... But I am releved.... now I don't have to track down the columbia releases!