November movie DVD's will be in widescreen

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
I could of sworn I have seen "When Love Is Gone" in the theatrical release. :confused:
Not that I recall :smile: I do remember the screening I was at taking a break half-way through the movie...

Check the BBFC details: the movie was listed as running to 85'48" when originally released. The extended version runs to around 89 minutes.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
anathema said:
Not that I recall :smile: I do remember the screening I was at taking a break half-way through the movie...

Check the BBFC details: the movie was listed as running to 85'48" when originally released. The extended version runs to around 89 minutes.
interesting :zany:

That Announcer

Reaction score
anathema said:
I always knew that bloody song was too long! :smile:

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
For the new DVD releases of Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island, does anyone know if the interactive menus (Gonzo & Rizzo for MTI, Kermit for MCC) will remain intact or not?

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
The song "The Love Has Gone" was not present in the US theatrical cut but was in the UK and possibly all European theatrical cuts. I have no idea why this happened but it did. I remember seeing it on the big screen.

anathema

Reaction score
Mr Humbug said:
The song "The Love Has Gone" was not present in the US theatrical cut but was in the UK and possibly all European theatrical cuts. I have no idea why this happened but it did. I remember seeing it on the big screen.
It was not in the print I saw in 1992, and nor was it in the print that the BBFC certified.

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Apologies friends. I've just been informed by my parents that I never saw this at the Cinema just a really big TV. I was just 5 at the time, kids are easily confused. So it would have been the VHS release.

Sorry if I have added to some confusion here anathema is right.

Ozzel

Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, :frown: but...

Someone over at the Home Theater Forum confirmed with a contact at Disney that The Muppet Christmas Carol DVD will have "When Love Is Gone" cut from the widescreen version, but not the pan & scan. Appearently the widescreen will be the "theatrical version" and the "fullscreen" will be the "Extended-and-Yet-Cut" version. :boo:

SNLIM

Reaction score
usually the widescreen version is always the original theatrical version, and that's the way film buffs like it! if the song wasn't in the theatrical release, then i wouldn't expect to see it in the widescreen version- it seems much more likely to me that it would be the full- but you never know. i hate pan and scan, you loose around 1/3 of the frame if you're watching full screen... it's about time the muppet fans got through to disney. i can't expess how excited i am for MTI in widescreen, in all it's wonderful glory! i really hope that the interactive menus stay in tact, but with disney you never know...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
They should make it an option to play with or without.