Now Google.com Hates Disney

beaker

Reaction score
Well, first Opera had the sense about them to filter any Microsoft MSN sites with Swedish Chef goobledygook.

Now, seizing on the momentum, a little Google Disney search turns up this:

Google Hates Disney

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Did you make that? LOL!! I think it's correct!! :smile:

FOZ:embarrassed:

PMK

Reaction score
In one of my classes, the subject of the Lion King being a very racist movie came up. The teacher was horrified by, what he felt was obvious rasicism in the movie, but I don't see it. I think he is over analyzing and looking for something to hate, but I was wondering if anyone knows about this argument.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by PMK
In one of my classes, the subject of the Lion King being a very racist movie came up. The teacher was horrified by, what he felt was obvious rasicism in the movie, but I don't see it. I think he is over analyzing and looking for something to hate, but I was wondering if anyone knows about this argument.
In the Lion King....????:confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That argument was made about the Lion King during its initial release, but it didn't gain much momentum. It's usually just people with too much time on their hands.

The hyenas were supposed to poke fun at Hispanics and black street gangs. I don't really see how the film made fun of their race, but having Cheech and Whoopi provide voices of bad guys must have upset somebody. :rolleyes:

Scar was supposed to be a gay stereotype. Why in America do people find the British accent effeminate? Now that's just plain ignorance and cultural stereotyping if you ask me.

In the musical number "Be Prepared", Scar and his army march very much like Hitler's army. This was intentional. It was to show that Scar was a dangerous leader and a very bad guy.

Some people were offended about white actors portraying lead characters set in Africa. All this discussion borders on the ridiculous. Anyone who makes such an argument should be made to watch crummy off brand cartoons! :attitude: