Now Hiring: Greens Only!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(Grover walks to a new grocery store)
Grover: (noticing the audience) Oh, hello, there! It is I, your furry blue friend Grover, and guess what? There is a new grocery store in town! (turns his head and sees the "Now hiring" sign) Oh, well will you look at that? The sign says "now hiring". Oh, I sure could use a new job... (notices a "greens only" sign underneath the "now hiring' sign) Oh, it says "Greens only!" Oh, dear... They will not hire me because I am blue and not green. (starts getting angry) Well, then I will have to take a stand! (picks up a megaphone that just hapened to be on the ground) DO NOT GO INTO THIS NEW GROCERY STORE!
(Fat Blue comes by)
Fat Blue: Oh, no, it's you!
Grover: (holding megaphone right into Fat Blue's face) DO NOT GO INTO THIS STORE!
Fat Blue: Why shouldn't I?
Grover: Because they only hire green people here.
Fat Blue: Oh, then I guess that means you won't be serving me. Outta my way! (walks past Grover)
Grover: Oh, well, it looks like it will be harder than I thought...
Ernie: Oh, hello, Grover.
Grover: Hi, Ernie.
Ernie: You look sad.
Grover: That's because of that sign over there.. (points to it)
Ernie: (reading the sign) "Now hiring.. greens only!" Why, that's a terrible sign.
Grover: I know!
Ernie: Well, we should do something about this.
(Hoots, Prairie Dawn, Biff, and Sully show up)
Biff: That's right, we should!
Hoots: Yeah, people of all colors and species should be allowed to work here!
Prairie Dawn: Discrimination is wrong!
All: Yeah!
Biff: I say that we should all go inside and complain to the manager!
Grover: Why did we not think of that before?
Hoots: Well, let's all march in there!
All: Yeah!
(Fat Blue leaves the store with a bag of groceries as the angry crowd runs in, pushing him down and stomping over him)
Fat Blue: (gets up) Oh.... Even without that blue monster working here, I have bad service... (faints)
(Everybody comes into the store and confronts the manager, a green anything Muppet)
Grover: Excuse me!
Manager: Oh, welcome! Is there anything that I cna help you people with?
Hoots: "You people"?
Ernie: Anyway, we'd like to see the manager, please!
Manager: That's me.
Prairie Dawn: Well, what's the big idea of only hiring green people?
Manager: What do you mean?
Grover: The sign outside your window says "Now hiring... Greens only!"
Biff: Yeah, what's the big idea?
(everybody starts yelling at once)
Manager: (yelling) HOLD IT! I wasn't discriminating against non-green people.
All: You weren't?
Manager: No.. you might notice that there are two seperate signs, one that says "Now hiring", and one that says "Greens only!"
Biff: So?
Manager: The "greens only" sign is mean tto suggest that we only sell green foods here, like pickles, lettuce, green apples, asparagus, and broccolli.
All: Oh....
Manager: Oh, my, but putting the two signs so close togetehr does sound a bit racist... Well, I'll change that... (takes the "Greens only!" sign and tosses it away, and makes a different sign) Now it says "We only sell green food here".
All: Oh.
Manager: I am very sorry about the confusion. Is there anything that I cna do for you?
(Everybody talks at once)

green stuff

Reaction score
haha...this story was funny, and it shows how easily things can be misconstrued. Cool stuff, minor!