NOW ONLINE: The Muppetfreak Blog

dwmckim

Reaction score
I had thought about waiting another week before i made the official annoucement when i had more posts to keep readers busy, but the ones already up are sizable enough to keep first time visitors busy with content, so i proudly announce the debut of...

THE MUPPETFREAK BLOG

There's some great Muppet-related blogs online; Muppetnewsflash in great for news updates, Tough Pigs is just lotza fun...but Muppetfreak is something i hope will be something unique for the Muppet fan community - detailed indepth commentary, analysis, reviews, and perspectives of Muppets/Henson.

I'll be the first to admit this won't be for everyone. It's my particular style/viewpoint which is largely geared towards adult Muppet fans that like to read lengthier detailed commentary. Plus there will also be nods to other areas of fandom of mine or things i feel are cool are worth highlighting (I estimate it will ultimately be 75-85% Muppet/Henson content).

Like a lot of my articles, reviews, and forum posts i hope it will fall between scholarly and silly, sizable but fun.

But see and judge for yourself...

http://muppetfreak.blogstream.com

Updates will come as i'm able to post them - probably with one to three days being the expected average.

Posts from its first week include introductions to the blog and author, a look at the Top Five COOLEST Sesame Street Songs EVER and the all time coolest Sesame album, extended thoughts on the status of the 2009 Daytime Emmys and The Two Worst Things to Ever Happen to the Muppets.

All written from an obsessed Muppet historian's perspective. For those who enjoy things of this nature, i hope it will become a must-read (or at least favorite bookmark) and please feel free to spread the word.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow. That is a cool blog. Now I wish for Bert & Ernie's Sing-Along to be reissued on CD. I heard some of the tracks on The MuppetCast. And agree with including This Frog and Subway on the top five coolest songs list.

matleo

Reaction score
Awesome Awesome stuff DW! I knew you wouldn't disappoint! you've done something here that I didn't think anyone would do. What I like here is you've brought what I like most about the various already existing Muppet fansites and put them in one place. You've merge the critical thinking and overall savviness of Toughpigs with the devotion and charm of Muppet Central, and the intelligence and respect of Steve Swanson's MuppetCast. I can't wait to read more.

If I could make one suggestion though. You might want to consider finding someone to beta your writings and touch up some of the grammar and whatnot. I'd be more than happy o help if you like. You're writing is so good, it deserves to be presented right.

Beyond that, this is really excellent stuff and I'm eager to read more.

--Matt

Redsonga

Reaction score
Maybe it's because I come from the generation after you but I still don't see the Muppet Babies as having been a bad thing for the Muppets. I never saw MTM until I couple years ago, but my parents had the classic movie and I grew up with GMC . It might just depend on where you live to, but I don't recall anyone looking down at me or my friends when we would talk about loving the Muppet Babies in school, not even in high school. It could be just a my hometown thing but there was never the feeling it was for babies that I can recall...
I don't know, guess it is the sort of muppet fan you grow up to be but to me their 'kidy side' (if we have to call it that) is as much a part of them as any other side, and when it is at the forefront I don't see it as killing everything that came before it or after it :smile:. That always felt more like the tv networks fault to me for not showing any of The Muppet Show and hardly any of the movies that were made before, or the new ones, on basic cable where I lived. I knew they had them they just hardly ever shared :\. I would have loved more of that mixed with the times the Muppet Babies were on :smile:!

But this is from a smack dab in the the middle of 80's SST and Muppet Babies reruns with dashes of the classic movies (but no MTM for some reason and no Muppet Show) and the Muppets Visit Walt Disneyworld (but no JHH) aged girl talking so maybe I'm not your target reader, don't mind me...
I really like your blog :big_grin:!